Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- For the marathon, see Best Day Ever marathon
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Sun
- Gary the Snail
- Mrs. Puff
- Doorman (debut)
- Nat Peterson
- Billy (lime fish)
- Mrs. Shell (cameo)
- Mary (BRIEF cameo)
- David (citizen fish)
- Debbie Rechid
- Best Day Ever(song)
The episode starts out with SpongeBob waking up and singing the song, "Best Day Ever", and he describes to Gary what he plans to do on this day: do his "perfect" job at the Krusty Krab, practice karate with Sandy, gojellyfishing with Patrick using his new high-tech net, and at the end of the day attend Squidward's big clarinet recital. However, SpongeBob's "Best Day Ever" does not turn out as he plans. He goes to the Krusty Krab, only to find it condemned due to a severe nematode infestation. He then tells the nematodes to leave, but they eat his pants instead. SpongeBob begins playing the "Best Day Ever" song with his nose, causing the nematodes to follow him. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to keep playing and lead them as far away as possible, and he does so until they all fall asleep (including SpongeBob).
He then goes to Sandy's tree dome for karate, but Sandy is busy trying to fix a leak in the roof of her treedome. SpongeBob thinks that this is a trap, and attacks her anyway. Sandy hits him and sends him flying up to the roof, and his glove sticks to it, sealing the leak. Afterward, SpongeBob heads over to Jellyfish Fields to go jelly fishing with Patrick, but Patrick explains that he has broken his net. SpongeBob gives him his old net to use, but he quickly breaks it as well. Finally, SpongeBob gives Patrick his brand-new net, and sits there watching as Patrick has fun jellyfishing with it.
Finally, when SpongeBob goes to Squidward's clarinet recital but Squidward tells him that he cannot play in the concert because his clarinet reed is shot. SpongeBob pulls out one of his teeth to replace the reed, and angrily demands Squidward to put on the show, frustrated that the majority of his "Best Day Ever" is ruined. When SpongeBob tries to enter the concert, the doorman will not let him in because he does not have a ticket. He tries various methods of sneaking in, but is caught every time. Eventually, the doorman realizes who SpongeBob is, and lets him in because he is on the VIP list. However, the concert ends just as SpongeBob gets into his seat, and that's where he finally loses it. Hysterically frustrated, SpongeBob goes up on stage and starts angrily whining to the audience about how his "Best Day Ever" was completely destroyed. However, his friends then remind SpongeBob of how he helped them with their problems out of his kindness, and to make everything up to him, they hold a "very expensive" production in which SpongeBob performs his song, "The Best Day Ever", to complete hisreal Best Day Ever with his friends by his side. After hours, SpongeBob, is still singing, his friends are tired and sleepy, the audience has left the concert hall, and the janitor is sweeping the floor. Squidward asks how long they will have to keep this up, and Mr. Krabs replies with "Just until his little heart gives out, Squidward. Just until his little heart gives out."
- In this episode,when Spongebob going to Krusty Krab, there is no Chum Bucket. A similar mistake in Sudsand Help Wanted.
- This episode is number 11 in Tom Kenny's Top 20 on iTunes. His description says:
"I dare you to have a lousy day while singing that song! Pure pop bubblegum!"
- This episode aired in the United States before Germany, when most season 4 episodes aired in Germany first.
- Running Gag: Spongebob's festivities getting ruined.
- On The Complete 4th season Volume 2 DVD, there are bonus shorts (A Random Act of SpongeBob shorts) and a karaoke music video using episodes of SpongeBob.
- Ed, Edd, n Eddy, one of Cartoon Network's most popular shows, had a marathon of a similar name called the "Best Day Ed-Der".
- Squidward's band uniform is a reference to Sgt. Pepper.
- This episode marked the end of the Lowercase/Uppercase Captioning. All captions in this episode are in uppercase, including those in brackets. The first Season and the first episode of the second season including ("Something Smells" and "Bossy Boots") used all-Uppercase captioning, except for text in explanation brackets.
- Nematodes were first seen in "Home Sweet Pineapple".
- This is the second apperence of the nematodes, the first is Home Sweet Pineapple.
- In "Jellyfishing", SpongeBob and Patrick arrange a "Best Day Ever" for Squidward.
- After SpongeBob pushes Squidward into the concert, he has both buck teeth again.
- The "Best Day Ever" song was first featured as the seventh track on the soundtrack and the last song in the credits before it ends in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, long before this episode was made.
- When Squidward was talking to SpongeBob about how he saved the concert day, Sandy's tail is white instead of brown.
- For some reason, along with The Gift of Gum, this episode didn't air in the Netherlands until May 9, 2010. Although, the rest of season four had already aired back in 2006.
- During SpongeBob's musical play, the fake Krusty Krab shows letters that say 'Krusty Krab' on the backdrop, but two seconds later, it only says 'KK'.
- This is the first episode based off a song.
- 36th episode with its name in it.
- After the nematodes went away, Mr. Krabs probably would have opened the Krusty Krab.
- While SpongeBob was playing his nose, and starts getting tired, the tone of the sound is the same as the Best Day Ever song.
- In SpongeBob's vision, Sandy was wearing her protective suit, and SpongeBob was not wearing a helmet. Since this was just a vision, that was just SpongeBob's imagination.
- SpongeBob's special net was called the Deluxe Jellyfish-Slayer Composite Pro. But in past episodes, it's called the Ol- Reliable. This may be its official name.
- Several seconds elapse between SpongeBob being carried to his seat to when he finally sits down. As soon as he sits, the concert is over and the audience applauds. During that time, we never heard the clarinet, meaning there was a long period of silence on stage until the concert ended.
- This episode was Number 4 in SpongeBob's Top 100.
- Title card music is the same as "I'm your Biggest Fanatic", "Good Neigbors", and "Slimy Dancing".
APM music identification
- ORIGINAL MUSIC: Best Day Ever
- The Jitters - The Krusty Krab got locked.
- Drama Link H - "But the Best Day Ever always starts at the Krusty Krab!"
- Drama Link D - SpongeBob tries to get the nematodes out of here.
- Fates - Patrick cries about breaking his net.
- Woe is Me! - Squidward cries about his reed.
- Big Ed's March - SpongeBob pulls his own tooth and puts it in Squidward's clarinet mouth piece.
- Tomfoolery - The usher asks for SpongeBob's ticket.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - "No, it's not okay! This was supposed to be my Best Day Ever!"