Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Guard Worm
- Pearl Krabs
- Sadie Rechid
- Monroe (cameo)
The episode starts at a normal day at the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs is doing paperwork and is confused as to why his profits are down. He goes out into the restaurant to see Squidward making a sale, minus the price of a drink. Mr. Krabs sees everyone is drinking a thing in a bottle, including SpongeBob. He tells Mr. Krabs about the drink called the "Kelpshake". Mr. Krabs worries that people aren't buying drinks with their food, so he bans outside drinks in his restaurant, forcing the customers to leave. He goes to see what Plankton has done this time. He doesn't know Plankton isn't behind this. Plankton tells Mr. Krabs he has no idea what is going on because he was relaxing in a beach chair. Then the two try to steal a Kelpshake and discover what it is made of. They go to a Kelpshake stand and try to get Plankton to find out, and all attempts fail. That night they both try to enter but an alarm wakes up a guard worm who attacks them. The next day Mr. Krabs reluctantly buys a Kelpshake and goes to the Chum Bucket to analyze what is made of. Karen starts analyzing, but Plankton gets impatient and interrupts the progress of the analyzer. They find out that the drink is made of, simply, Kelp Juice. The two drink the shake and find it to be delicious, but they ignore Karen who says that there is another ingredient. SpongeBob also runs out of a restaurant covered in kelp. Then they go out and see that all Kelpshake restaurants are closed because their shakes contained a toxic ingredient. Two decontaminants revealed that it will take decades to get rid of the unhealthy toxic waste and they're sorry for whoever drank the stuff. Then Mr. Krabs and Plankton grow kelp all over their body. So Mr. Krabs gives Plankton a Krabby Patty and then chases him just for the fun of it.
- Jill Talley's name at the end of the credits is spelled as Jill Taliey.
- There were three Kelp Shakes next to the Krusty Krab, two on the left and one on the right, but when SpongeBob was talking to Mr. Krabs and Plankton, two of Kelp Shakes on the left were gone.
- Kelp Shakes have actually appeared in the series before, the Krusty Krab has had them on stock. They are presumably normal shakes but with the same name.
- This episode aired Thursday March 29, 2007 in Latin America.
- Kelp Shakes cause the drinker to become hairy and have light green kelp all over their body. Your clothes also disappear.
- When Plankton came out of the sink someone dumped their kelpshake down the sink and Plankton fell back down, why would someone dump their kelpshake if it is supposed to be good.
- This is the second appearance of a guard worm. The first appearance was in The Lost Mattress.
- This is the second appearance of the analyzer, the first was in Plankton!
- The title is a mixture of "Best Friends" and "Enemies", giving "Frenemies".
- "Kelp shakes" are a parody on coffee. They taste bitter at first, but then get really addictive. When Mr. Krabs and Plankton drink the kelp shake, they get addicted to it and must have more.
- The German title for this episode is "Beste Fr-einde", in English meaning "Best Friend Enemy".
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs has been in the Chum Bucket. The first was in Enemy In-Law, the second was in New Leaf. The fourth was Spy Buddies and the fifth was Plankton's Regular.
- This is the first time Mr. Krabs has interacted with Karen. He interacts with her again in Friend or Foe and Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob.
- The Kelp Shake buildings divide like bacteria and seem 'contagious'.
- The expression "frenemies" is inspired by Elizabeth Everitt's term of her crush Bailey Valint and her acquaintance Shane Griffin. She is a friend of the creator's daughter.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs and Plankton do become friends. First time was New Leaf, third was Friend or Foe? and the fourth was The Other Patty.
- This episode was originally going to be called "Kelpshakes".
- This is the first time Plankton and Mr. Krabs unite due to a new restaurant having many costumers.
- When you see the kelpshakes, they appear empty, but when Plankton is trying to steal the cup from the man, it shows it being drunk.
- When SpongeBob sucked the Kelpshake for the first time, the straw was outside his mouth.
- After Mr. Krabs says "Where do you think you're going you little booger?", Plankton disappears before the episode fades out.
- At the part where Mr. Krabs sneezes, you can see the employee sign says "Employes Only". It is missing the third "e". Also, the sign was purple. But when Plankton landed, the sign was yellow.
- On Nickelodeon UK when this episode aired on August 15, 2010, Mr. Krabs says: "Hey, hahahahahaha!" while in other countries he says "Hey, get back here you little booger, Hahahahahahahaha!" to Plankton. This is because the word 'booger" sounds similar to "bugger" which is a word deemed profane in the UK, while in other English-speaking countries it is a nickname for a mischievous child.
- This is the 44th time Patrick doesn't appear in an episode.
- The Title Card is the same as "Squid Wood" and third time of the title card would be "Patrick's Staycation", except with the color.
- The last time the Chum Bucket was shown, it was destroyed by the Kelp Shake building, but it was shown again later when Mr Krabs and Plankton tried to analyze the ingredients. In the middle of the episode Plankton calls Mr. Krabs A Fat Gorilla.
- The "Well, good luck with that." quote Spongebob said was also used in the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- When the guy who said "Wow, what a steal" ordered food, he just walked away without taking any food.
- Kelpshake stands are a parody of Starbucks, which have a reputation of suddenly popping up in large numbers all over the place.
- When Mr.Krabs saids "Huh! a new store on my block taking my customers!" Mr. Krabs said my instead if me (because he's a pirate) the right line is, "Huh! a new store on me block taking me customers!"
- Mr. Krabs and Plankton would later work together again in The Other Patty
- It is not known why SpongeBob was hanging around the Kelpshake Store at night.
- This is one of few episodes where SpongeBob plays a minor role.
- The customer who just ordered a Krabby Patty only paid a dollar for it. This episode may have taken place on a Wednesday because according SpongeBob back in the episode Imitation Krabs, a single Krabby Patty only costed a dollar on Wednesdays.
APM Music Identification
- Dramatic Impact 2 - The Kelpshake store in Mr. Krabs's block
- Dramatic Cue D - Mr. Krabs screams
- Lonely Heart's Club - Mr. Krabs discovers that even his own daughter is drinking the Kelpshake. (A remix is played when Plankton discovers that the Kelpshake restaurants are more competition to the Krusty Krab than the Chum Bucket.)