Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles (two speaking cameos)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Frank (citizen)
- Eugene Krabs (mentioned)
As Patrick wakes up, a mailfish gives him a package. Curious, he opens it, and finds a trophy inside. Excited, he starts showing everyone that he has a trophy (even the jellyfish and Bikini Atoll). He shows SpongeBob, who realizes that the trophy is actually for him. Patrick is disappointed, even more so when he sees the contents of SpongeBob's award closet. SpongeBob tries to help him find a way to win an award, and eventually Patrick decides to get a job at the Krusty Krab.
However, Patrick is unable to perform even the simplest tasks properly, and after he fails in every possible position of work, SpongeBob presents him with the extremely basic task of opening a jar, which Patrick still finds difficult. Eventually, however, Patrick succeeds in opening the jar, and he and SpongeBob begin celebrating. The next day, Patrick begins copying SpongeBob at work in hope of achieving the same success as his friend. When SpongeBob realizes this, he attempts to make him stop, but is unsuccessful until he dresses up as Patrick, which makes Patrick realize the error of his ways, and that he is a loser in every sense of the word. However, Patrick is then suddenly given an award for "doing absolutely nothing longer than anyone else." He then goes back under his rock to "protect (his) title."
- The scene in which Patrick talks on the phone and repeditly tells the customers "NO, THIS IS PATRICK!" has become very popular on YouTube, thus making this episode a fan favorite.
- This is the second time a phone appears at the cash register in the Krusty Krab. The first time was in Pizza Delivery, and the next time will be in Graveyard Shift.
- This episode was voted by fans as the best episode of Season Two.
- The title card is similar to The Algae's Always Greener.
- The title card music was later reused in "The Inmates of Summer", "Gone", "Ditchin'" and "Professor Squidward".
- In some versions, at the beginning of the episode, the sound of the parcel being shoved into Patrick's mouth is heard before the mailman actually shoves it into his mouth.
- The subtitles for this episode are incorrect at times, such as "And make sure the food gets to the customer" being shown as "and be sure the tray gets to the customer.", and when SpongeBob says to Patrick "No, you have to bring the tray to the customer.", the subtitles say "custom".
- There is a CD storybook based on this episode named "And The Winner Is..."
- This is the 20th episode that has its name in it.
- This is the 21st time Mr. Krabs doesn't appear, although he was mentioned by SpongeBob when Patrick got a job at the Krusty Krab.
- Even though Patrick says he has never won an award, he took the Dirty Bubble Challenge and won but lost the trophy they sent him, thus proving he will win the Dirty Bubble challenge after this episode.
- This is the second time the Krusty Krab appears without Mr. Krabs. The first being in SB-129.
- Though this is a season two episode, it utilizes elements of the animation from season one, namely, Patrick having threes for eyebrows, instead of Z's.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob and Patrick have mind reading abilities between themselves.
- The part where "No! This is Patrick!" was mixed in with a scene from 300 on YouTube as a parody. When King Leonidas yells out "THIS IS SPARTA", Patrick would then say "No! This is Patrick!".
- The scene where SpongeBob helps Patrick open the jar was used on Nicktoons as a "Rockin' Nicktoon Moment".
- The song Spongebob and Patrick were whistling while frying Krabby Patties was "Row, Row, Row your Boat."
- This is the 2nd time Patrick got a job at the Krusty Krab and later was fired or quit. 1st was in Arrgh (But it was only for about 2 seconds), the 3rd was in Bummer Vacation when he took over while Spongebob was on "vacation", the 4th time in That's No Lady when Patrick disguises himself as a woman, and the 5th wasChum Bucket Supreme, in which Patrick made a solgan (Krabby Patties are fum) for the Krusty Krab in the end.
- When Patrick throws the broom on the ground in the kitchen, it disappears after he opens the jar.
- When Patrick copies SpongeBob in the kitchen, they "drop" their spatulas. Afterwards, SpongeBob and Patrick point to each other, but the spatulas are nowhere to be seen.
- Squidward said he quit after he heard Patrick was joining the Krusty Krab, but when they ran out of the restaurant when Patrick went too far copying SpongeBob, he puts on his hat and goes back in, so it could have just been an excuse to get away from the two of them. Maybe SpongeBob do the same thing that he did in Graveyard Shift to get another hand.
- When Spongebob says "No, no Patrick! That's my--" For a split second, you can see he has no buck teeth. It appears afterwards.
- Patrick would not have been able to paint his rock to look like SpongeBob's house while they were at work and he spent the entire work day trying to mimic SpongeBob.
- It can be speculated that the only reason Patrick won his award at the end was because SpongeBob (who always wins awards) was pretending to be Patrick and was the one who actually received the award.
- This is the first time Patrick mimics SpongeBob. The second is Patrick SmartPants, the third is The Cardand the fourth is Porous Pockets but he just mimicked SpongeBob's lip moving.
- When Patrick is picking up the stuff he thinks is a jar, he picks up Spongebob from by his feet. However, SpongeBob is across the room just a few second before.
- When Patrick goes to Jellyfish Fields to show the jellyfish his award, he gets shocked. While he's being shocked there is a visible pink star at the upper right corner of the screen.
- When Patrick jumps out of the water to show his award to the island, he begins suffocating. However, in the episode "Pressure", and Spongebob SquarePants Movie, Patrick was not suffocating.
- When Patrick arrives at SpongeBob's house, the door does not open.
- When SpongeBob's nose pops back out when he is pretending to be Patrick, his buck teeth aren't shown when he is frowning. However, in the next scene, he still has the same frown and his teeth are now visible.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick enter the kitchen so Patrick can open a jar, a small table is seen to the left of the stove, when there is usually nothing there.
APM Music Identification
- Aloha - Opening scene of Patrick sleeping by his rock.
- Orchestral Effect (f) - "An award?!"
- Announcing the Top - "Look, rock, I got an award!"
- Dancing the Hula - Patrick shows SpongeBob his award.
- Stack of Leis - Patrick wants an award.
- Heroes Win - "I want to defeat the giant monkey man and save the ninth dimension!"
- Dapper Don - Montage of Patrick working at the Krusty Krab.
- Hawaiian Link (a) - "FISH PASTES!!"
- Dreamy Hawaii - Patrick sweeps.
- Killer Birds - Patrick gets upset.
- Cierre Bob Esponja - SpongeBob teaches Patrick how to take the lid off the jar.
- Caesar's Entry - SpongeBob and Patrick celebrate.
- Hilo, March - "That was great, Patrick!"
- Furtive Footsteps - Patrick mimics every single thing SpongeBob does.
- Hen Pecker - Patrick and SpongeBob copy each other by using objects.
- Vibe Link (b) - SpongeBob gets the idea of pretending to be Patrick.
- Moloka'i Nui (a) - The ending.