|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses too many links from or is probably stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- An officer
- A buff man
SpongeBob is brushing Gary when he hears a strange noise. He goes outside to investigate only to find out that it's Squidward breathing. Squidward then tells SpongeBob that he will pay him five dollars if he gives him peace and quiet rest of the day. However, Squidward already gave Spongebob five dollars to leave him alone yesterday. He gets annoyed, so Squidward begins walking away. He then finds out that SpongeBob is following him so he starts running and he jumps into his boat. However, he can't find the key and SpongeBob arrives at Squidward's boat. Squidward then becomes furious, only to find out that SpongeBob wanted to give him his keys. Squidward then drives away and crashes into a stop sign. He then gets pulled over by a police man, telling him that he needs to do boating school. Then the scene changes to Squidward walking up to Mrs. Puff's boating school and when he opens the door, he see's SpongeBob and then starts to cry. During class, Squidward is forced to sit next to SpongeBob. Then Mrs. Puff asks Squidward why he is enrolled in Boating School, so he tells everyone. Then Mrs. Puff tells SpongeBob to illustrate his side of the story, but SpongeBob just draws on the chalkboard a picture with him and Squidward saying "Spongebob And Squidward, Best Boating Buddies Forever". Then it is lunchtime and Squidward tries to avoid SpongeBob. He then decides to eat in the bathroom, where he gets beat up. Then he arrives back in class with SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff tells him that he has to drive with SpongeBob for a test. So they get inside a boat and SpongeBob is the driver. However, he drives out of control and ends up in a research lab. There, he, Squidward, and Mrs. Puff shrink and get washed down the drain. SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff end up in a water fountain back at Mrs. Puff's boating school, while Squidward ends up in the bathroom and gets beat up again. Then the scene changes to everyone back in class. Mrs. Puff explains that everyone is going to do a test. But when SpongeBob tries to help him, Squidward snaps at him that they aren't "Boating Buddies" and he never wants help from him ever again. However, Squidward can't do the test because he can't pick up the pencil, so he asks for SpongeBob for help; when the young sponge reminds him of what he said, Squidward denies it, only for his voice to be recorded by another student. Finally, when Squidward admits that he and SpongeBob are "Boating Buddies", SpongeBob cheers. But time runs out and Squidward asks Mrs. Puff what to do. She then says that he needs to come back the next week. Then Squidward finds out that SpongeBob also failed the test and he has to come back the next week too. So Squidward screams and the episode ends.
- Squidward is forced to go to boating school.
- Rated TV-Y7 with Krabby Kronicle
- When SpongeBob was driving recklessly and nearly hit the old lady, it was the same lady seen in "Have You Seen This Snail?"
- fifty-sixth time Patrick doesn't appear
- The title card music is reused for The Great Patty Caper and For Here or To Go .
- This episode was supposed to air on August 8, but aired one day early on the 7th.
- Mrs. Puff says they all know why SpongeBob is in boating school, but it is unknown how he went to boating school in the first place. It is assumed that he just wanted to have the freedom to drive a boat and be on the road. There is much small evidence supporting this.
- This is the third episode where Squidward's vehicle is shown. The first was "Dying for Pie" the second was Boat Smarts and the next time will be "Love That Squid."
- When Squidward walked away from SpongeBob, Squidward had a newspaper in his hand, but in the next shot he doesn't. Also, Squidward doesn't like newspaper as shown in Can You Spare A Dime?, so there might a reason he held the newspaper.
- "The Four Seasons - Spring" by Vivaldi is playing while SpongeBob is drawing on the board.
- At the end of the episode SpongeBob says he has never passed the test exam. In "Boating School," he says he always passes it but can never do the driving part, suggesting that this episode takes place before "Boating School" or it is a different test.
- When Squidward says "I dont care what Mr. Krabs says", when SpongeBob leans backwards slightly, SpongeBob's belt turns white. This is likely an animation error and is often pointed out by fans.
- When SpongeBob says "chocolate rain", it is a reference to the Tay Zonday song "Chocolate Rain", which is one of the most famous songs on YouTube.
- When Squidward is hurt by that big guy those two times, he walks in on the right, but the door to enter and exit is on the left.
- After Squidward is done with his illustration, he doesn't erase the board when he is finished, and when SpongeBob is drawing, there is no trace of Squidward's drawing left, and was never seen picking up an eraser.
- This was the first episode where SpongeBob's cheeks are bigger than usual. His cheeks looks like dimples in this episode and covers most of his mouth. This also happens in Pet or Pests.
- In the Netherlands this episode finally aired on October 19, 2009. It was paired with Squid's Visit so since that happened To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants aired with The Krabby Kronicle.
- In German this episode is called "Bootsbruder", which means "Boating Brothers".
- One of the title cards with water waves in it.
- The music at the beginning of this episode is similar to the song Wooden Bear.
- When Squidward sits down to take the final exam, he is not holding a pencil nor is there a pencil on his desk, but in the next shot, he has a pencil laying on his desk.
- When SpongeBob drives through the costume shop, Mrs Puff is dressed like Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th.
- This is the 2nd time Squidward denied he said something and is proved wrong by a recording. The first time was in The Paper, and the third time is in Sponge-Cano!, by the same fish who disproved him in this episode.
- This is the third time someone new comes to boating school. the first was The Bully and the second wasNew Student Starfish
- This is the 4th time Squidward had Bandages on his whole body. The first two were "Jellyfishing", "Krusty Towers " & "Slide Whistle Stooges".
- The episode was set to be aired with "Grooming Gary" Instead, it aired with "Krabby Kronicle".
- Squidward says he has impeccable boat smarts, but he lost them earlier in Slide Whistle Stooges when he destroyed the Chum Bucket and the Krusty Krab.
- This is second time boat smarts are mentioned. The first was in Boat Smarts.
- In Summer Job, Mrs. Puff works at the Krusty Krab and in this episode Squidward is in Boating School.
- The outline of the newspaper was blue but when Squidward snatched it from the table, the outline was gray.
- In this episode, SpongeBob's cheeks appear bigger (or his mouth was smaller) than usual.
- When SpongeBob draws the curl on the line, it disappears when the camera zooms out to the entire chalkboard.
- This is the second time SpongeBob acts like a busy artist as we dazzlingly notice his chalk-drawing, first is in "Procrastination" about his essay-writing.
- The closeup of SpongeBob breathing heavily while Squidward writes what happened on the blackboard is exactly the same scene where SpongeBob breathes heavily to Squidward as he sits beside him.
- In this episode, SpongeBob acts like a stalker due to hearing squidward's breathing (which was creepy) and staring at him strangly during the chalkboard scene.
- When Squidward ask SpongeBob for help he won't help him because SpongeBob is an antagonist side for not helping Squidward's worksheet.
- Squidward is seen holding a newspaper but in "Can You Spare a Dime?", he claims he is allergic to newsprint.
- In the scene were Squidward is talking to SpongeBob about him needing his help Debbie Rechid was tottally pink and the next scene she was purple
- The info for this episode on TV guides say Squidward is caught speeding. But he is not speeding, he just ran over a stop sign.
- Squidward says he has no criminal record prior to getting the ticket. However, he got arrested in Good Ol' Whatshisname.