Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- The Con Man (debut)
- Mary's Mother (debut)
- Guy in Fancy Living Digest
- Purple Fish
SpongeBob finds a magazine called "Fancy Living Digest" in his mail, which depicts the lifestyles of the extremely wealthy. Squidward shows up and takes the magazine, which was actually for him, and SpongeBob and Patrick ask him how people can get so rich. SpongeBob then decides to sell chocolate bars to raise money in hopes of achieving the fancy lifestyle.
However, no one initially wants to buy any chocolate bars. The first person they visit goes berserk upon hearing the word "chocolate", and begins chasing them while madly screaming "CHOCOLATE!!!!" He stalks them throughout the episode, appearing and causing them to run away at several points.
Along the way, SpongeBob and Patrick are also convinced to purchase candy bar carrying bags by a con artist who is only known as The Con Man. He later scams them again, selling them "candy bar bag carrying bags". The next person was Sadie, but SpongeBob couldn't find her candy bar making her impatient, slamming the door. SpongeBob then runs when Tom appears. They are next seen in a diner whare they think about a new approach. Patrick says "Let's get naked," but SpongeBob decides to be nice. Patrick says "I love you" to the first guy they try this on, but he slams the door in disgust. Eventually, after seeing an advertisement for "Barnacle Chips", SpongeBob and Patrick decide to increase the appeal of their product by "stretching" the truth and again leave when Tom shows up. The first customers they use this tactic on are an old lady and her very old mother. They claim that the chocolate will make one immortal by rubbing it on their skin, which the extremely old mother is delighted by.
The duo continue this strategy, making several absurd promises about the chocolate. Their lies culminate in them dressing in bandages and pretending to be badly injured and in need of an operation. However, the customer they go to is himself in far worse shape than they claim to be, and must sell chocolate to pay his medical bills. Feeling extreme sympathy for the man, SpongeBob and Patrick buy a huge amount of chocolate from him with all the money they had just made. However, the man is then revealed to be the same con artist who had scammed them twice before.
SpongeBob and Patrick are soon attacked by the initial first customer, who catches them off guard and makes them fall down and drop their chocolate. He says that he has been trying to catch them all day, and seems intent on killing them before saying that he would simply like to buy all their chocolate, which leaves SpongeBob and Patrick speechless. SpongeBob and Patrick make a fortune from him, which they use to rent out a fancy restaurant on a double date with Mary and her mother.
- At the first house, seconds before Tom yells "CHOCOLATE!!!,"
- This episode is #12 on Tom Kenny's Top 20 on iTunes. His description says:
- Claims (lies) SpongeBob and Patrick made about their chocolate bars:
- Make you live forever.
- Makes your hair grow (A bald Fred says "Great! My wife's trying to grow a beard!).
- Makes you sound smart (Hillbilly Fish says "I'll take twenty!").
- Keeps your face from getting any uglier (Said by Patrick to a man who looks identical to him and says "Just in time!").
- Makes you fly.
- Makes you fall in love.
- Brings world peace.
- Gives the ability to walk through walls.
- Makes you rule the world.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are injured and in dire need of an operation to the rip-off artist.
- There is a picture of SpongeBob's front lawn in 1 customer's house.
- SpongeBob and Patrick buy 20 candy bar bag carrying bags, yet only 2 are shown (1 for each).
- The really old mother said she remembered when they invented chocolate. However, chocolate was never actually invented. It was eaten by Native Americans, such as Mayans and Aztecs. However sugar wasn't added until the Colombian exchange. She could possibly be referring to this.
- Running Gag: Tom chasing SpongeBob and Patrick screaming chocolate, the Con Man scamming them, and SpongeBob and Patrick making lies about their chocolate.
- Irony: SpongeBob and Patrick keep spending more money then they make (that is until Tom buys all their chocolate).
- The picture when Patrick runs out of the diner and is frozen has become somewhat popular on YouTube, and has been dubed "Patward".
- In Indonesian dub version, scene where SpongeBob and Patrick in the Diner and Patrick's says, "Let's get naked!" was changed to "I wanna buy more bags!".
- The part where Tom screams, "CHOCOLAAAAAAAAATE!" has become popular on Youtube, which has made Chocolate with Nuts one of the most popular episodes of the show.
- The top of the cover of Fancy Living Digest reads "December 02" (The same day the episode first aired).
- The title screen for this episode looks like a chocolate bar.
- In the subtitles on the complete season 3 DVD, SpongeBob says he has "eternal bleeding," when he says, in fact, "internal Bleeding".
- Amongst Patrick's lines, the phrase "eat sperm" can supposedly be heard. This may have cause some controversy since the piece of evidence was uploaded to YouTube, but he actually said "Please spare me".
- The scene where Patrick says "I love you" has become popular on YouTube.
- This is probably Tom's biggest (and funniest) role yet.
- At one point, Patrick meets another starfish who looks exactly like him. That starfish actually wore a shirt with the same design on Patrick's pants. His bottom half is cut off so it may be assumed that the starfish doesn't wear pants as Patrick doesn't wear a shirt.
- Patrick buys 10 pictures of a customer at 13, when he was extremely fat, but only five are visible in the next scene. Also if you take a closer look at that picture, the word, "Years" is missing. Then back on, then off.
- After Tom catches SpongeBob and Patrick in the second to last scene, SpongeBob and Patrick start blabbering gibberish.
- In the second to last scene, Tom has a chipped tooth, while he does not earlier.
- SpongeBob tells him "Good afternoon, sir!," but at the next house, he tells the man at the door, "Good morning, sir!"
- There are a few knockoff YouTube Poops of this episode, replacing 'chocolate' in scenes with such words as 'pingas', 'poop', 'bombs', 'drugs', etc.
APM Music Identification
- Dancing the Hula - Title card; Patrick wheelbarrows all the money he and SpongeBob earned.
- Comic Walk - Squidward takes the issue of Fancy Living Digest out of SpongeBob's hands.
- Marching to Honolulu - SpongeBob and Patrick walk out of Barg 'n' Mart with many chocolate bars.
- Heavenly Voices - "It's specially designed to cradle each candy bar in velvet-maligned comfort."
- Hawaiian Link A - The con man is shown counting the money he earned.
- Tympup A - "We'll take twenty."
- On the Beach - SpongeBob keeps taking bags out of bags out of bags out of bags.
- Lonely Stranger - Patrick "focuses" on his customer.
- Me for You - "I can't understand what we're doing wrong."
- Sweet and Lovely - SpongeBob and Patrick sell chocolate at the old lady's house.
- Lonely Violin - "I was born with glass bones and paper skin."
- Lonely Heart's Club - The bandaged fish asks SpongeBob and Patrick to sell more chocolate bars for him.
- Dramatic Impact 1 - "CHOCOLATE!!!!!!"
- Cocktail Lounge - Patrick and SpongeBob rent an entire restaurant for a double date.