- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Krabs
- Other Vikings (names mostly "Olaf")
In this episode, Mr. Krabs creates a "promotion" to the Krusty Krab by selling Regular, Large and Viking Sized Drinks (Which are all the same size) in a bid to save the restaurant money yet to fool the customers. He also states whoever purchases a Viking Sized cup tries on a cardboard helmet (that he found in his attic). This gets SpongeBob interested in Vikings. Squidward then teaches him about Vikings, though it's all lies. Then SpongeBob sends a letter to the Vikings, then a garbageman (who is a Viking) delivers the letter to the Viking Chief. He then sends his men to the Krusty Krab to teach them about the Vikings (which is redecorating, appropriating, and liberating) and they kidnap SpongeBob and Squidward. Then the they introduce themselves as Gordan and a bunch of Olafs. SpongeBob then asks what they do for fun (which is just throwing a shield), then one says they like to sing songs, and then he's thrown off the boat. Then, they make SpongeBob their new head chef and, after a speech, they make Squidward their bathroom attendant.
Squidward then wants off their ship, but SpongeBob tries to stop them. Then he has to duel Gordan but can't pick up his weapon and suddenly the ship hits an iceberg. The Vikings all go panic, but SpongeBob tells them that it's just a hole and they have to fix it. The problem is they don't know how. SpongeBob then fires himself at the hole, stopping the ship from sinking. The Vikings cheer and SpongeBob ends the episode with the quote "Now that's what I call a Viking-sized adventure!"
- SpongeBob: "Now that's what I call a Viking-sized adventure!"
- Squidward: "Barnacle Butt!" (Squidward said to Mr. Krabs)
- Mr. Krabs: "Don't you know when you're being ignored" (Mr. Krabs said to Squidward)
- Gordon: (Introduces his shipmates) "This is Olaf, and this is Olaf, and this is Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, and uh.... (forgets the name of the last Viking)
- Olaf: (tells Gordon what his name) Olaf
- Gordon: (Snaps his finger) Olaf!
- Squidward: And let me guess, your name is..
- Gordon: That's right, Gordon!
- SpongeBob: So, What do you do for fun?
- Gordon: Um...
- Olaf: Whispers something in Gordann's ear.
- Gordon: Oh yeah! We play the Shield Toss game!
- SpongeBob: What is that?
- Gordon: (Shows SpongeBob The Shield Toss Game)
- SpongeBob: Do you do anything else?
- Olaf: Whispers something in Gordan's ear
- Gordon: Yes! We play The Flaming Sheild Toss Game! (Shows SpongeBob The Flaming Sheld Toss Game) Anything else guys?
- Olaf: (Shouts Out) We sing songs!
- Gordon: NO WE DON'T!!!
- This one of the few non-special episodes with a DVD based off it.
- The Vikings' names are Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, and Gordon.
- SpongeBob should already know about Vikings because in Bubble Buddy he celebrates Leif Eriksson Day, indicating SpongeBob did not know who Leif Eriksson is.
- When you watch this episode in German, all the Vikings are called Olaf except Gordon, who is called Gunther in the German episode version.
- This episode is available on iTunes store before or when this episode aired, and is paired with Ditchin' for just $1.99 the pair.
- This is the second time where SpongeBob kisses Squidward, the first was Can You Spare a Dime?.
- The Nickelodeon Logo is surrounded by a pink background on this DVD.
- 56th episode with its name in it.
- SpongeBob's letter:
- Dear Vikings, I am writing to ask you guys about your lives and stuff. If you had take the time to answer all my neat questions, then that would be really swell.
- List of facts about Vikings way of life:
- Like to redecorate (demolish things)
- Do appropriate things (steal loot)
- Liberate (take hostages)
- Fun activities:
- Shield toss
- Flaming shield toss
- SpongeBob says Squidward is his best friend, but it's actually Patrick
- Many longtime fans of SpongeBob have called this the worst episode of the series, citing a bad plot and not many good jokes. Ironically, this episode was nominated for a primetime Emmy.
- All the Vikings being named Olaf may be a reference to the Bruces sketch by Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- When the ship hits an iceberg and almost sank, it could be a reference of the real-life ship RMS Titanic which sank when it hit an iceberg in 14 April 1912.
- When the ship hits the iceberg, the head fell off, but later, it is still there.
- Fire is somehow able to exist underwater. This happened in other episodes. (Wormy, Life of Crime,Procrastination, and more.)
- When Squidward talks about the helmet, there is cobwebs but later there is no cobwebs.
- During the part where SpongeBob says, "I'll let you know if I think of anything.", his nose looks like Squidward's. Then when the camera switches, then switches back to SpongeBob, his nose is normal again.
- Hurry - SpongeBob's letter gets transferred to the Bikini Bottom Post Office.
- Roman Empire - The Viking Garbageman travels up the mountains to the Viking's lair.
- Celtic Lands - #1: "Ah, Helga, tell me once again of the time you visited those remote Himalayan Hot Springs."
- Big Bad Giant - #1: The Viking Garbageman approaches the King Viking.
- Celtic Lands - #2: Helga discovers a letter.
- Gates of Troy - A Viking ship arrives at the Krusty Krab.
- Big Bad Giant - #2: The Vikings introduce themselves.
- Big Bad Giant - #3: Gordon wants to know SpongeBob's statistics and appoints him as head chef.
- Tympup A / ? - Squidward's facial reaction.
- Comic Walk - "Hold it right there, whiskers! Let's not forget you're the one who drag me onto this crate in the first place! Now, you ask me to pour my heart out and this is the respect I get!? Well, you've got another thing coming, honey. I want off this boat, pronto!"
- Entry of the Heroes A - Gordon challenges SpongeBob.
- Rescue - The Viking ship hits an iceberg.