|Season 8, Episode 154a|
|Air date||July 19, 2011|
|Written by|| Aaron Springer|
The Other Patty
The Hot Shot
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Pearl Krabs
- Larry the Lobster
- Harold (red fish)
- Officer John
- Elderly Fish (Debut)
- Just Then..
- 2 hours later
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob notices that Mr. Krabs is filling a hole in the wall with toothpaste. The toothpaste begins dripping and causes the hole to crack, making an even bigger hole in the wall. A fish and his children came to the Krusty Krab and orders from the hole, thinking it's a drive thru window. This gives Mr. Krabs an idea to create a Krusty Krab drive thru. SpongeBob brings in equipment for the drive thru but Mr. Krabs just uses a simple menu written on napkins, and a microphone with tin cans. A customer soon orders from the drive thru but SpongeBob has trouble getting the food out of the window. Later, Plankton, drives by in his tiny car (and no one sees him) and an old man runs over him, and then drives away after he thinks Squidward said they were closed. The next customers are Pearl and her friends; they play a prank on him by screaming through a megaphone, and ends up getting his ear replaced, making Mahahahahahaha! Mr. Krabs payed his bill. After that, Larry the Lobster shows up, accidentally breaking the drive thru microphone with the side of his SUB. Spongebob then has trouble getting his food up to the window of his SUB and drops it on his head, So Mr. Krabs hammers a second hole in the wall much
higher than the first. Soon, there is a huge line through the entire town to go to the drive-thru. The mayor comes and isn't happy about all the cars so, Mr. Krabs solves this problem by breaking a hole for another drive-thru. Then Spongebob and Squidward desperately try to feed all the customers at both sides. It ends up with a car accident and Plankton gets run over by an old man again. Mr. Krabs breaks another hole and says " More money!". Then, the Krusty Krab cracks and falls apart into a pile of dirt. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs crying.
- Running gag: Mr. Krabs smashing holes into the Krusty Krab with a mallet.
- Mr. Krabs's drive-thru idea is nothing new. It was featured in a previous episode, "Driven to Tears" (SpongeBob manned it but Patrick interrupts him). The difference is that Mr. Krabs had a real drive-thru window and microphone in the earlier episode.
- This is the fourth episode where Mr. Krab's butt cheeks are showing. The first was Clams (SpongeBob SquarePants episode), the second was The Cent of Money, and the third was The Masterpiece.
- Mr. Krabs used so-called "junk" instead of the things SpongeBob bought because he said it was free. However, if SpongeBob already has it, it is presumably already paid for by SpongeBob. So using it would not cost Mr. Krabs any money.
- Though it is possible that Mr. Krabs was trying to avoid the use of technology. As heard in Krusty Krab Training Video, Mr. Krabs keeps the balance of technology in check at the Krusty Krab due to his fear of robot overlords.
- Despite this episode being the main episode to have a drive thru, Squid's Day Off was the first episode to feature a drive thru.
- This is the first episode that the side walls of the Krusty Krab is all wood instead of the windows.
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs didn't use the microphone SpongeBob bought when his was broken.
- The green fish Mayor from "Doing Time" and "The Great Snail Race" is shown rather than the purple fish Mayor from "SpongeBob's Last Stand" and "Sponge-Cano!". It is possible that he was re-elected at some point.
- Patrick did not appear in this episode.
- There was a total of 3 drive-thrus in this episode.
- This is one of the few times Plankton makes money. Ironically, it is the only time where he didn't have the Krabby Patty formula and someone didn't try to intervene.
- Squidward was possibly referencing "Accidents Will Happen" when his ear was injured by Pearl and her friends' prank when he said, "I'm not faking it, you know. That really hurt, alot."
- This is the sixth episode to show a sign as its title card. The others being "Squid on Strike", "No Weenies Allowed", Krabby Land, Chum Bucket Supreme and "SpongeBob's Last Stand".
- Squidward said that he wished he had gone to college, but in "Atlantis SquarePantis," he said that he learned more about art in Atlantis than he did in four years of community college, indicating he did go to college. It is possible that Squidward meant that he wished he had gone to a full college or university.
- Pearl's red-headed friend looks like a girl who appeared in "Friend or Foe".
- Two ways of Mr. Krabs being cheap are shown: Using a hole in the wall for a drive-thru instead of having someone install one properly, and using old napkins as a menu board and tin cans as a microphone rather than the microphone and menu board SpongeBob bought.
- This is the second time a "telephone" made out of two cans and a string is used. The first was "Fools in April"/April Fools.
- Plankton had a drive-thru in "Komputer Overload".
- The hat Plankton wore was similar to the one he wore in "Komputer Overload".
- This is the second time Chum Nuggets are heard. The first was in "Chum Caverns".
- The ending is similar to the ending of "Pat No Pay".
- When Squidward says, 'That's nice, that's interesting', it was a possible reference to "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy", as it is the same thing said by Plankton in his Texas drawl voice as he impersonated Sandy.
- This is the third time the Krusty Krab has a drive thru. The first one was in the chapter book called "Drive Thru". The second time was in "Driven to Tears" and this is the third one.
- When Squidward says that his ear hurts, he looks at the screen, and happens to talk to it, which breaks the 4th wall. And when he says he's not faking it, it reveals that the characters are acting on the show.
- At the point where Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get the order for the policeman, SpongeBob appears though the kitchen window. Eariler due to Squidward's complaining, Mr. Krabs moved SpongeBob and the grill to his office and moved his desk to the kitchen.
- When the green and blue fish collide with their car, the green fish's armpit is orange for a second.