- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Squidward Tentacles
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Medley (cameo)
- Shelia (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins (cameo)
Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton reopened the Chum Bucket for twenty three hours a day. He announces the Krusty Krab is opening twenty four hours, to be better than the Chum Bucket much to the dismay of Squidward and the excitement of SpongeBob. This was Plankton's plan to force SpongeBob to crack and tell him the formula. However, after several days of nonstop service, SpongeBob is still going strong. As a result, Plankton calls, placing an order for 10,000 Krabby Patties under the guise of Peter Lankton.
After 43 days of nonstop service, SpongeBob finally cracks, and can not finish the order because everywhere he looks, he sees killer Krabby Patties. Plankton then throws a flyer at SpongeBob, saying: "Dr. Peter Lankton, Psychiatrist, specializing in Krabby Patty phobias".
SpongeBob goes to the Chum Bucket, which is disguised as Dr. Lankton's office, and meets Dr. Peter Lankton (really Plankton in new clothes and a fake mustache and beard). Plankton tries several methods to get the formula out of SpongeBob, all of which end with Plankton getting crushed by a piano.
Finally, Plankton tries hypnosis to get SpongeBob to tell him the formula and he succeeds in making SpongeBob fall into a deep sleep. Unfortunately for Plankton, he cannot get SpongeBob to wake up and tell him the formula, even after trying several loud and annoying sounds in an attempt to wake him up. Meanwhile, SpongeBob dreams that he is jellyfishing when a giant Krabby Patty appears and eats him up. He then finds himself in his bed, and a giant Krabby Patty enters the bedroom. The Krabby Patty turns out to be friendly and gives SpongeBob a cookie-pizza and chocolate milk, thus curing his fear. SpongeBob wakes up and says he's cured, and goes back to the Krusty Krab as Plankton begs him to return and reveal the formula to him, insisting that hypnosis and therapy do not work, and that he is still very sick.
When SpongeBob gets back to work, he tells Mr. Krabs that he's okay, and that all he needed was a little sleep. Mr. Krabs says that there will be no more 24 hour shifts, "...because 23 hours will be plenty!" They laugh a little but Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get back to work.
APM Music Identification
- Twilight Zone- Title card.
- The Rake Hornpipe- "What do you think of me master piece"
- Dramatic Impact 6- "The Chum Bucket is open 23 hours?!"
- Untitled Track #1- The Krusty Krab is open 24 Hours.
- Zelle 501- "He'll run his employee's into the ground"
- Keel Row- "As long as I'm with you, I'm complete."
- Approaching Suspect- Plankton spies on SpongeBob.
- Hawaiian Link (a)- Plankton rings the Krusty Krab.
- Worker's Symphony- The montage of non-stop service.
- House Of Horror- SpongeBob's fear of Krabby Patties.
- Like Strange- SpongeBob enters the Chum Bucket.
- Games Played In The Dark- Plankton talks to SpongeBob.
- Wooden Bear- Plankton runs SpongeBob through some tests with no luck.
- Mists Of Illusion- Plankton hypnotizes SpongeBob.
- Camills- Krabby Patty is a friend again with SpongeBob.
- Vibe Link (a)
- In SpongeBob's dream, theKrabby Patty tells him that he'll always be with him (in his arteries), a reference to the 1982 film, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, complete with the glowing finger.
- Also, the fact that the Krabby Patty said he'll be with him in his arteries may be a reference that Krabby Patties have high cholesterol.
- Starting from Season 4, every SpongeBob SquarePants episodes in the post-movie era (2005–present) will be a prequel to the film, because the film was intended to be the series finale.
- First episode of 2005.
- Normaly, in a restarant open 24 hours, there are different employees that work diferent times in the day (some at day, some at night). It is acctually illegal to work your employees this much.
- The title is a reference to the Public Enemy album Fear of a Black Planet.
- In 2005, the episode paired with it's preecedor: Shell of a Man, was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program, but lost to South Park.
- This is the first episode to use the 3-D computer coloring rather than digital ink and paint or traditional cel animation. This is pretty obvious, as the colors are duller, and the characters' facial expressions are also different.
- This is the second episode with SpongeBob SquarePants' voice being slightly higher than the normal voice, since the SpongeBob SquarePants movie.
- Spongebob screaming caused by pinching himself has become useful for fads and YTPMVs.
- Fear of a Krabby Patty's title card is similar to the start of the Heisei Godzilla movies.
- This is the first episode that SpongeBob mentioned Hypnosis. The second time will be in "Barnacle Face".
- This is the last episode with C.H. Greenblatt before he creates a Cartoon Network show named Chowder.
- Though unconfirmed, it is also possible that the script for this episode was written before the movie, due to C.H. Greenblatt's involvement.
- Mr. Krabs previously made the Krusty Krab open 24 hours in one day in "Graveyard Shift".
- However, unlike in aforementioned episode, Mr. Krabs stays at the Krusty Krab with his employees, and thus, suffers from the same lack of sleep that they do.
- At the beginning, SpongeBob pinches himself nine times.
- Since June 2009, Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable labeled this episode along with Shell of a Man as "SpongeBob Fun", which is said to be a shopping show, but as of April 2010, the mistake has been corrected.
- The Background of the DVD cover is from the episode Just One Bite where Squidward eats the Krabby Patties at the Patty Vault.
- This is the first episode in the Post-Movie era (2005–present).
- In Help Wanted, Employee of the Month and The Clash of Triton, SpongeBob makes possibly millions of Krabby Patties in seconds with no mental strain, but in this episode, SpongeBob goes insane from making not even 10,000 Krabby Patties over a period of possibly 43 days.
- Thirty fifth time Patrick doesn't appear.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is able to lift an entire grand piano by himself (and smash it onto Plankton).
- Running Gag: Plankton gets smashed with a piano as a result of his therapy.
- Old Man Jenkins breaks the fourth wall by asking why is he moving.
- In total SpongeBob made 8629 patties in 43 days meaning he made 200 patties as 200 times 43 equals 8629 and 8629 divided by 43 = 200.
- Apparently Plankton, in this episode, has a cell phone.
- This is the first episode to have Vincent Waller in the SpongeBob SquarePants episodes and the series.
- The Giant Krabby Patties also appear in the game Creature from the Krusty Krab as the main enemies.
- This epsidoe was suppose to air on summer 2006 with All That Glitters, but it aired for the new year so it aired on europe on July 17 2006
- The only reason the Chum Bucket was open 23 hours was to exhaust the Krusty Crew workers.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs' eyes talks are slightly shorter than normal, possibly because CH Greenblatt is a storyboard artist in this episode.
- When SpongeBob gets up from his trauma, his tie is missing and it reappears seconds later.
- Near the beginning of the episode, there is a solid wall behind the cashier's boat that SpongeBob bursts through; yet that section of wall is typically shown to have a window. It's just because Squidward zipped the window.
- When the largest Krabby Patty gives SpongeBob SquarePants food in his dream, the chocolate milk is orange and the cookie pizza just looks like a big cookie.