8:00 AM - March 5, 2002
12:00 PM - March 5, 2002
1:00 PM - March 8, 2002
Time cards shown:
- 3 Days Later
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star (antagonist)
- Tom (antagonist)
- Mr. Krabs (antagonist)
- Harold (antagonist)
- Fred (antagonist)
- Nancy Suzy Fish (antagonist)
- Frank (antagonist)
- Dale (antagonist)
- Nazz-Mimi (antagonist)
- Sandy Cheeks (cameo) (antagonist)
SpongeBob wakes up one morning to discover that he is the only one left in Bikini Bottom; even Gary isn't at home to greet him. At first, SpongeBob finds this s hard to take. In a panic, he runs around town in a desperate attempt to find someone, only to not find a soul.
When the others don't return, SpongeBob decides to live out everyone's lives for them. He makes a bubble version of himself in his front yard, then runs to the top floor of Squidward's house, pretending to be Squidward yelling at SpongeBob for making too much noise. SpongeBob then runs to the Krusty Krab, imitating Squidward and Mr. Krabs. He imitates Sandy at the Treedome and Patrick at the Rock respectively before running to the boating school and pretending to be Mrs. Puff. In the classroom, he realizes that living out everyone's lives won't work, and he breaks down crying on Mrs. Puff's desk. SpongeBob's mood quickly changes when he discovers a stack of blank driver's licenses. He takes a picture of himself, and prints out his own license. He then takes off with the student driver boat, naming it "Boaty," and joyriding throughout the city.
SpongeBob and Boaty become inseparable. SpongeBob sleeps with the boat, and parks it inside both his house and Krusty Krab. But Boaty realizes that SpongeBob is slowly going insane. In his closet, SpongeBob has erected a statue of Patrick out of raw Krabby Patty meat, which he carries out a conversation with.
Soon, everyone else returns to Bikini Bottom, after being away for weeks. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that everyone's mysterious disappearance was really a holiday to celebrate being away from SpongeBob for a day (according to SpongeBob, they were gone for weeks). Before venturing off, a giant effigy of SpongeBob is erected, then burned. Everyone then dances on the ashes before boarding a bus. SpongeBob is honored by this instead of insulted.
Soon, though, it is time for everyone, including SpongeBob, to celebrating time from Patrick, and like SpongeBob before him, Patrick is not soon the only one in Bikini Bottom. Even though everyone just left, Patrick acts like he never saw them leave and acts the same way as Spongebob does when he is looking for another fish
- The entire plot of the episode is a parody of the 1971 movie "The Omega Man."
- It might also be a possible parody of The Twilight Zone episode "Where Is Everybody?", where a man finds himself the only man in town, and is nearly driven to the point of insanity.
- Mr. Krabs recalling about burning down an effigy of SpongeBob is a reference to The Burning Man.
- On SpongeBob's drivers license it says that his hair color is yellow and that he only weighs 1.oz
- When SpongeBob was trying to "keep Sandy's memory alive", he wasn't wearing his water helmet in Sandy's Treedome, But he was still able to breathe.
- At the end of the episode Patrick is seen holding three balloons that depict his three main colors (pink for his skin, green for his shorts, and purple for the flowers on his shorts.
- 50th episode with its name in it.
- When SpongeBob is at boating school he's wearing a dress a little similar to Mrs. Puff's dress when he starts to get upset and sees the blank drivers licenses he's wearing his normal clothes.
- Patrick would later imitate SpongeBob in "Yours, Mine, and Mine."
- When SpongeBob puts Boaty on the patties to make Krabby Patties and floors it, only the wheel on the Krabby Patties moves and for some reason the wheel on the other side doesn't move at all.
- SpongeBob imitated...
- Mr. Krabs
- Old Man Jenkins
- And Mrs. Puff.
- At the end, SpongeBob becomes terrified of all vehicles, as Boaty was continually watching him, and he attacks the front of a bus with an axe. However, when everyone is leaving for No Patrick Day, the axe is gone.
- SpongeBob's boat must have been named after SpongeBob's other boatmobile that Mrs Puff stole in "No Free Rides."
- Boaty is never seen or heard of again after this episode.
- When everybody gets back on the bus, Sandy and most of the other Bikini Bottomites are not seen.
- SpongeBob's house often keeps getting holes in it through the episode.
- The second time red and white stars appear, no crash is heard.
- On the shot where SpongeBob is Squidward and the empty Kelpo cereal box is SpongeBob, three out of four limbs are toilet plungers.
- When Spongebob was driving Boaty around he crashed into many things without making a dent.
- When SpongeBob was being Mr. Krabs, Spongebob's said, "Can I have a raise?" and Mr. Krabs (a.k.a SpongeBob) said, "No," it's similar from the episode "Krusty Krab Training Video" in the "Interfacing With Your Boss" cutscene.
- The red bus has a pipe on top resembling the quail crown.
- When SpongeBob got his boat, the boat's seat is red. But when SpongeBob crashes to his house wanting to go to sleep, the boat's seat is then purple.
- When Spongebob looks for Squidward in his house, Squidward's 483 self-portraits from this episode's partner episode "Not Normal," can be seen.
- When the Bikini Bottomites come out of the bus some of them come from a different place instead of out the bus.
- This is the second time SpongeBob gets a boat. The first was "No Free Rides." He named them both "Boaty."
- This is the first time Mrs. Puff is impersonated. The second will be "Oral Report," being portrayed by Patrick instead of SpongeBob.
- Spongebob says nobody is with him but jellyfish are there
- This is one of the times SpongeBob's been mean to Patrick as he pushed Patrick from getting on the bus for National No Patrick Day.
- SpongeBob's mouth did not move when he called, "Patrick".
- Spongebob could have ran out of the hold Boaty made, but he didn't.
- The burning of effigy of Spongebob and dancing on its ashes actually means they show hatred and aggression against Spongebob.
- Why Spongebob was not offended by National No Spongebob Day is unknown it is possible when Mr. Krabs states it's a day inspired by you Spongebob could have relinquished it although it was very inconciderate of them.
APM Music Identification
- Alekoki - SpongeBob slumps out of bed, gets dressed and prepares Gary's food.
- Tricks And Traps - SpongeBob leaves and Patrick's house and walks to the Krusty Krab.
- Danger Lurks 2 - "*gasps* He hasn't touched his food!"
- Chinese Mystery - SpongeBob scours Bikini Bottom and realizes everybody's gone.
- Explorers 1 - "...but I swear that I will keep the memory of Bikini Bottom alive...by living out their lives for them!"
- Tiki Rapido - SpongeBob prepares to replace everyone's lives.
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - SpongeBob pretends to be Mr. Krabs and Old Man Jenkins.
- Horlepiep - SpongeBob pretends to be Mrs. Puff at Boating School.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - SpongeBob cries.
- Hawaiian Link (b) - "Good night, Boaty."
- Unease - SpongeBob wakes up from a bad dream.
- Dramatic Impact 2 - SpongeBob screams.
- ??? - Montage of SpongeBob and Boaty's friendship.
- The Rake Hornpipe - SpongeBob drives Boaty to put the patties on the grill.
- Alone in the Old House - SpongeBob secures himself in the closet with 'Patty' Patrick.
- The Creature B - "Dear Diary: not sure if I can trust any vehicle. Run for it as soon as the coast is clear."
- Crime & Danger Sign No. 3 - #1: SpongeBob screams and runs away from Boaty.
- Dancing in Dreamland (a) - SpongeBob hides himself in 'The Reef'.
- Crime & Danger Sign No. 3 - #2: SpongeBob escapes 'The Reef' and plans to kill Boaty.