|Home Sweet Pineapple|
|Season 1, Episode 5b|
|Air date||August 14, 1999|
|Written by|| Ennio Torresan, Jr.|
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. SquarePants (debut)
- Mrs. SquarePants (debut)
- Nematodes (antagonists)
A crowd of hungry nematodes arrive in Bikini Bottom in the middle of the night. They plow through a variety of items, even devouring a boat with the driver still in it hovering. They make their way to SpongeBob's house. They pull out straws and eat/drink his house. Meanwhile, Spongebob and Gary are inside, sleeping. As everything starts to shrink, SpongeBob and Gary run outside the house and see what the nematodes have done.
The next day, SpongeBob finds a small pebble (the only thing left when the nematodes ate/drank his house), and buries it where his house used to be. However, this pebble's actually a seed, and water causes his house to grow back. The house is placed back where it was.
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
- Sunshine in Hawaii- Max Mahlmann (title card)
- Me for You- George Callert (opening)
- Unpreventable- Gregor F. Narholz (SpongeBob's house shrinking)
- Me for You- George Callert (nematodes burp)
- Hawaiian Farewell- George Elliott (SpongeBob's house is gone)
- Buenos Aires B- Norman Candler (Squidward throws a party)
- Seaweed[original music by Steve Belfer] (Patrick suggests building a new house)
- Orchestral Flourish 4- Gregor F. Narholz (fanfare)
- Sunshine in Hawaii- Max Mahlmann (building montage)
- Hawaiian Link (b)- Richard Myhill ("Tartar sauce!")
- Queen's Aloha Oe B- Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani (Patrick suggests living with him)
- South Sea Island Lullaby- George Elliott (that night)
- Lullaby- David Farnon (at Squidward's)
- Honolulu March- Hans Haider (the next morning)
- South Pacific Island II- Victor Cavini (SpongeBob's parents arrive)
- Good Bye Samba A - Ben Nabor (ending)
- The title card design is the same as the ones in Squid's Visit, Pineapple Fever and Home Sweet Rubble.
- This episode is the first to have the title card's writing in a different font.
- This is the first time SpongeBob wears a cap.
- Second episode where Squidward's rear end is noticeable.
- Eighth time Mr. Krabs doesn't appear.
- This is the first appearance of SpongeBob's parents.
- This is the first time SpongeBob becomes homeless. The other time was in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?".
- It is revealed that Patrick has a fear of spiders. In reality, arachnophobia is the most common fear.
- The nematodes appear again in "Best Day Ever" where which they consume The Krusty Krab and SpongeBob's pants.
- This is also the first time the word "nematodes" is mentioned in a SpongeBob SquarePants episode. This word will be mentioned again in "Opposite Day" and "Sailor Mouth".
- This was the only appearance of the nematodes in the Hillenburg Era (Seasons 1 to Season 3).
- It is shown that Patrick has a hole in his home under the rock in the beginning of the episode, as well as future episodes do, but when SpongeBob spends the night, it is shown that under the rock is just leveled ground and Patrick uses the rock as a blanket.
- This is the first time Patrick cries.
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob's house is damaged. The second episode is Home Sweet Rubble.
- Coincidentally, the title and general plot of these two episodes are similar; in both episodes, SpongeBob's house is destroyed, someone tries to rebuild it, and then the house comes back good as new.
- This is the first time Patrick has a lot of saliva.
- Since Patrick had that much saliva in his mouth, he should have either choked on it or swallowed some of it.
- When SpongeBob wears his cap, it's the cap that he wears when Steven drew him as SpongeBoy.
- Patrick's fear of spiders is very irrational since spiders both don't live in, nor can they even survive underwater.
- Home Sweet Rubble is the sequel to this episode.
- This episode's name is a pun on the catchphrase "Home sweet home".
- in this episode, Squidward hands Spongebob a glass of water. the water is visible. In pressure, when Mr. Krabs gives Spongabob a glass of water, the water is invisible.
- The is the first Episode where Squidward is crushed by a pineapple, the second time is in Truth or Square.
- In every other episode except this, Patrick's house is very suitable to live in, there's a bed with a pillow and blanket, a chair, and is actually wider than Patrick's rock below it. Here, SpongeBob and Patrick are struggling to use Patrick's rock as a blanket. Even in the beginning of the episode you could see the hole and chair below Patrick's rock when Patrick said, "Is it time already to ruin Squid's day?"
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are fighting over who has the rock Gary (who is on the top of the rock) disappears.
- When Squidward gets ready, he throws a sock and a pair of underwear, ironically, he doesn't wear either of them.
- Near the end of the episode, SpongeBob wears his hat when he's going to plant the seed. Yet, when he actually plants the seed, you see his face in close-up, but without the hat. After planting it, the hat reappears.
- When Squidward is saying goodbye to SpongeBob, he is taller than usual.
- When SpongeBob's parents arrive at his home, his father says there's dinner waiting, but during this time it's only morning (as Squidward just woke from his sleep). However, it's possible that SpongeBob parents' house is so far away that when they reach it, it's already night there so at the time they arrive they'll immediately have dinner. It is also possible that Spongebob's father is referring to lunch as dinner.
- When SpongeBob waits for his parents, he carries his luggage yet his house was still gone.
- When Patrick attacks SpongeBob with his rock, Gary disappears, and does not reappear until he and SpongeBob are kicked out of Squidward's house. This could be a plot hole.