|Home Sweet Rubble|
|Season 8, Episode 170b|
|Air date||April 4, 2012|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
One morning, SpongeBob's pineapple home starts wilting. When SpongeBob wakes up, he's ready to give Gary breakfast, but when he sees his home's condition, he puts off feeding Gary until it's fixed. He boards up the sides, and is ready to feed Gary. However, the ceiling caves in, and he tries to keep it up. He stands under it and holds it up, calling for Patrick to help him. Patrick is dreaming that he is in an office, doing weird things on hs desk. The phone rings and Sandy is on the other line tells him it's from SpongeBob. When the message is put through, Patrick hears SpongeBob calling for help. Then he wakes up and goes to the pineapple. Squidward comes over after hearing the ruckus and SpongeBob tells him he could use his help. Patrick grabs his arms and wraps him around the pineapple. Gary comes over with a can and meows, but SpongeBob doesn't listen to him.
SpongeBob's arms are full, so he asks Patrick to call Sandy. However, Patrick is too stupid to understand how badly he needs her help, and instead has small talk with her. When she hears part of the wall fall, she realizes that something is not right and goes to the pineapple. Mr. Krabs also comes over, asking what's going on, since SpongeBob is two hours late for work. They agree to help him, but Mr. Krabs will do it for one week of SpongeBob's wages per hour. They remodel the home as Gary continues to walk around with a can. Mr. Krabs remodels the home his way, as Sandy also remodels the home her way, both ignoring SpongeBob's protests. SpongeBob asks Gary, who is holding a can, if he ever feels like he's being ignored, and Gary assents.
When the rebuilding is complete, SpongeBob is not happy with the changes. He explores his new home and sees Gary is still hungry, so he takes a can from a shelf (being held by Squidward's hands). However, the weight of the can was the only thing keeping Squidward's hands in place, and the home collapses. Climbing out of the rubble, Squidward angrily chastises SpongeBob, but it's cut short by severe pain in his neck, so he goes home. SpongeBob, dejected, calls to have his home condemned. Gary presents SpongeBob with a can, and SpongeBob opens it. Out pops a pineapple, which lands on the rubble and is fully furnished inside. All this time, Gary was trying to show SpongeBob the can, which contained a fully furnished pineapple. SpongeBob opens the can, his house pops out, SpongeBob reads what the can says, "Newly Furnished Pineapple in a Can". SpongeBob then hugs Gary saying "You're the best!", then laughs happily.
- The title and plot are both similar to Home Sweet Pineapple in Season 1. Thus, this could possibly be a remake of Home Sweet Pineapple.
- This it the 4th time SpongeBob's pineapple rots, or is rotting. The first was Patty Hype, the second was Sing a Song of Patrick, and the third was Mystery with a Twistery.
- This is the fourth episode to have a title card with a pineapple. The others were Home Sweet Pineapple,Squid's Visit, and Pineapple Fever.
- In Patrick's dream, there were two pictures of him from Squidward's School for Grown-Ups.
- The bathroom Sandy made resembles Atlantis from Atlantis SquarePantis.
- Even the title card background is similar to Home Sweet Pineapple.
- This is the second time Squidward is treated like an object by SpongeBob and his friends; the first was in Frozen Face-Off, in which he was frozen in a block of ice. This time, he's wrapped around the house against his will.
- This is the third episode to have a name based on "Home Sweet Home", after Home Sweet Pineapple and Bucket Sweet Bucket. Also, the three episodes involves fixing the "home".
- When Patrick was stretching Squidward, his eyes were off centered to the right.
- This is the second time SpongeBob is used to clean a toilet. The first is in Suds.
- When SpongeBob said "Well, it isn't exactly home sweet pineapple, but I suppose it could be much worse.", he said the name of the episode.
- Squidward mentioned The Big One from the episode SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One when SpongeBob's rotting house smashes into Squidward's house.
- This is the third time the title card music plays at the end. The First time was Club SpongeBob. The Second time was Ditchin'.
- All of the main characters appear in this episode except Plankton.