- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Squidward Tentacles (4 cameos)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Jill Talley (Cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Penny (debut)
- Chip (debut)
- Used Napkin (debut)
While sandboarding, SpongeBob crashes into the ground butt-first, and is taken to the hospital. The doctorfish says that it took 20 hours to glue it back together, and that if he has another similar injury, he may end up with an "iron butt", a huge machine on wheels connected to where the butt used to be. SpongeBob goes on "around-the-clock butt patrol", and after seeing many potentially dangerous things outside decides to stay home forever with his three friends, "Chip", "Penny", and "Used Napkin". Sandy and Patrick try to persuade to get SpongeBob to come outside, which are to no avail until they attempt to stage a fake gorilla attack. SpongeBob is unconvinced by this, until an actual (live-action) gorilla appears and attacks them. SpongeBob leaves the safety of his home to save his friends, but is easily defeated by the gorilla. The episode ends with a massive non-sequitur: When SpongeBob asks how a gorilla can exist underwater, the gorilla says "George, they're on to us!" and runs away on George The Zebra. Then, a family who was watching the episode get confused and turn it off.
- Indoors - SpongeBob sings while indoors.
- Honolulu March (Hans Haider)- Title card
- Full of Beans- The sandboarding scene
- Lovely Scenery C- The trees
- On Fire- SpongeBob falls down.
- Hawaiian Link B- Establishing shot of the hospital.
- Waddle Cop- SpongeBob says he's never leaving his house again.
- Mama E- "No, Patrick's right, Sandy."
- Hawaiian Pussycat- Sandy and Patrick jellyfish outside of SpongeBob's house.
- Stack of Leis- "Nothin's workin', Patrick."
- Leaf Blower-Patrick acts like a gorilla.
- Dramatic Cue (h)- "A real gorilla!"
- Twelfth Street Rag- The gorilla attacks Sandy and Patrick.
- Dramatic Climax- "From the safety of my home to the outside world (gulp)."
- Against the Law (c)- A paper flies onto SpongeBob's face.
- Unpreventable- The gorilla rips SpongeBob in half.
- Calling All Clowns - The gorilla rides away on a horse as a live-action family watching the episode looks in disbelief at the strange ending and turns the television off.
- An alternate name for this episode is "Safety Freak SpongeBob". It is known on Charter as "Safty Freak".
- Comcast has both names. It is displayed as Safety Freak (I Had an Accident)
- This episode shows that Patrick and Sandy rarely work together to get SpongeBob outside.
- The gorilla is played by Frank Welker and the zebra is played by Dee Bradley Baker.
- "Sand Mountain" makes its second appearance in this episode, the first being "Pre-Hibernation Week". It also appeared as a level in Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- This is one of the only times Sandy is seen Jellyfishing.
- This is the first episode to have a "The End". Other episodes with the message include "Wishing You Well", "Banned in Bikini Bottom", and Planet of the Jellyfish.
- This is the second time a character was playing a video game. First is Sandy's Rocket. Third is Bucket Sweet Bucket. Fourth was The Great Patty Caper.
- The Portable Gaming System (PGS) Patrick has is similar to a Nintendo Game Boy Color.
- SpongeBob's fear of danger outside his home is irrational enough to be considered agoraphobia.
- When Patrick gets stung by the jellyfish, he uses the same scream as he did in Pressure.
- This was the last episode to premiere in 2003.
- The title card is similar to Opposite Day and Can You Spare a Dime?
- This is the final episode to have the music Honolulu March. It wouldn't return until the Season 7 episode,Squidward in Clarinetland.
- George the Zebra has spots instead of stripes.
- The woman in the family at the end of the episode is played by Tom Kenny's wife.
- Harold makes 2 cameos. When he was near SpongeBob and in the 7 mile spanking machine.
- Squidward appears once at Sand Mountian, Once at 7 mile spanking machine, in his window, and watering his plants.
- This is the third time SpongeBob spilts in half. The first two were Texas and Procrastination.
- SpongeBob's reclusive actions are similar to Howard Hughes. Although, Howard Hughes never left his house because he was afraid of germs, not injuries.
- This episode shows a lot of live action characters including the Gorilla, George, and the people who were watching the television.
- The Gorilla was probably a man in a popular Gorilla Suit
- Until around 2010, the episode's name was called "Accident Prone SpongeBob" on Dish Network, but in that year, they changed it to the current name.
- Near the middle of the episode, SpongeBob talks before his mouth moves.
- SpongeBob's X-ray shows he was taped up with a lot of tape, but the doctor said he put it together with glue.
- Just before the old person says "I say we take a bath", SpongeBob's socks are missing.
- After SpongeBob Sang "Indoors", Patrick can be seen crying. However, he disappears as Sandy points to SpongeBob.
- When SpongeBob uses the 7 in, 23 cm long spatula, The Krusty Krab is to the east of his house, But it is usually to the west.
- When Patrick and Sandy enter SpongeBob's house, Patrick's right eyebrow flickers red for a fraction of a second.
- When SpongeBob says "No problem", Penny, Used Napkin and Chip are missing.
- Squidward is seen calmly watering his plants during the gorilla attack.
- Before the dust collecting scene his window is circle, but after it is oval-shaped.