Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary The Snail
- Patrick Star
- Dr. Forrest (Debut)
- Jellyfishers on the bus
SpongeBob and Patrick are all set to leave for the jellyfishing convention in Ukelele Bottom that weekend. Realizinng that he will not be able to take Gary, SpongeBob leaves Gary in Squidward's responsibility.
SpongeBob takes Squidward around his house, telliing him that he will have to feed Gary for three days. There are very large cans of snail food with the words "morning", "afternoon" and "night" written on them, so that Squidward will be able to keep track. Eager to get rid of both of them, Squidward lies and says that he will do it to get SpongeBob and Patrick to leave. They do, and Squidward runs out of SpongeBob's house and sits in a lounge chair for the whole weekend, thus ignoring Gary. He soaks up plenty of sun, but Gary is left in the house, looking longingly in the direction where SpongeBob left, horribly neglected.
When SpongeBob gets back, Squidward suddenly remembers that he was supposed to take care of Gary. However, when he goes to get Gary, he finds him very sick, due to lack of food, water, and attention. Squidward, thinking he will be able to help, tried to give Gary some food. However, Gary is so weak from waiting for SpongeBob to come home, he is limp in Squidward's arms and will not eat. Squidward puts Gary down as he hears SpongeBob and Patrick saying goodbye to each other, and tries to force feed Gary. When he hears SpongeBob coming in, Squidward gives up and puts all of Gary's food into his mouth. He greets SpongeBob awkwardly, and explains that he was only checking on Gary.
Just as Squidward is about to leave, a smirk on his face, Gary slowly enters the room. SpongeBob realizes that something is wrong, and quickly calls the local veterinarian, Dr. Forrest. He comes over to SpongeBob's house, and gives SpongeBob a syringe full of snail plasma. SpongeBob asks Squidward to give Gary the plasma, as he is squimish. Squidward reluctantly agrees and, while trying to inject Gary, accidentally injects SpongeBob with snail plasma causing SpongeBob to worry about the consequences.
Upon realizing that Gary only needed water, Squidward leaves telling SpongeBob not to worry. Sometime later, SpongeBob starts acting slow and somewhat like a snail as well as eating Gary's food himself when he goes to the bathroom his eyes stretch out of his body and grow his arms and legs disappear into his body and his body reshapes itself as a finished result Spongebob has turned into a snail.
Spongebob [nicknamed SpongeSnail] possibly seeking help goes over to Squidward's house, but Squidward is terrified of the fact that Spongebob turned into a snail because of his lousy aim and he throws the snail plasma away and he tries blocking the doors and windows and tries to run and hide from SpongeSnail. SpongeSnail chases him for help, but Squidward tries to avoid him and makes a mess of his house. Amongst the chaos, Squidward accidentally injects himself with the plasma, turning him into a snail as well. The episode ends with SquidSnail, SpongeSnail and Gary meowing the song "Blow the man down" on top of a fence. Patrick, annoyed by this yells at them to clam up and throws a boot at SquidSnail.
- SpongeBob has fallen asleep in his chair. When the rooster crows, he seems to be growing a beard. When he jumps off the chair, the beard is gone although the beard could have been a shadow.
- All the nets on the bus to Ukulele Bottom are square.
- When Patrick comes in, the door is left open, but when Squidward knocks, it's closed.
- This episode is known to scare younger viewers because of SpongeBob's transformation.
- The sleeves on Spongebob's pants seem to fall off of his pants during his transformation this is unknown why since it's part of his pants not his body.
- When Squidward said "Eat! Eat! Eat! You've gotta finish this food!", Gary's mouth was lip synching to what Squidward said.
- In this episode, the snails are seen sitting on a wooden fence. However, there are no fences near the three houses.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is no key hole on SpongeBob's front door and when he comes back from the Jellyfishing Convention there is a key hole.
- When his arm falls off, he doesn't regenerate his arm like he does in Graveyard Shift this was likely because Spongebob was unintentionly transforming into a snail in the Graveyard Shift he pulls his arm off on purpose. Also when SpongeBob screams, his eyeballs turn into snail eyes, but in the next scene when SpongeBob says, "Gary, I'm fine." his snail eyes has eyelids on them. This maybe due to the animation error.
- Spongebob eats Gary's snail food in this episode, but in the episode Missing Identity, Spongebob states that he never knew what his food tasted like. It's possible that his mind was corrupted while he transformed into a snail.
- When SpongeBob played fetch with Gary, there was a watch on his arm, but when Gary returns the toy back to SpongeBob, it is gone permanently in the episode.
- When SpongeBob says, "What a great friend you are, Squidward." the captions said, "You're a great friend, Squidward.". This happens many times in SpongeBob episodes due to the fact that the dialogue in many episodes is mispronounced, the grammar is always fixed in close captioning.
- When SpongeBob's arm falls off he says "It's OK, I'm a lefty anyway." Yet it was his left hand that falls off. Although, in Neptune's Spatula, he mentions he has two left hands. Also, Spongebob was said to be ambidextrous on The Splinter & You Don't Know Sponge.
- When Squidward gets in bed he says he hopes that he never sees a snail again, but in later episodes he seems fine with snail's like in the episode That Sinking Feeling he greet's gary and in The Great Snail Race he adopts a snail.
- When Squidward exits his house to get a tan, he looks taller and more human-like than usual.
- It is unknown how SpongeBob and Squidward recovered from this incident. It's also possible that the snail plasma eventually wore off.
- When the bus to Ukelele Bottom arrives Patrick jumps through the wall of Spongebob's house with joy singing the bus is here the bus is here but when he jumps through the wall he makes a hole and it stay's there but when Spongebob and Patrick return the broken hole is fixed somehow it is possible Gary fixed the hole while Squidward was sunbathing this has not been officially confirmed.
- When Spongebob transforms the hump on his back grows very tall but later when he approaches Squidward in his snail form the hump is small again this is likely an animation or continuity error.
- Squidward had nailed wood on his door, but in the next shot the wood was missing.
- When Squidward rushed to the pineapple to help Gary and enters it, he left the door wide open. A few minutes later, after SpongeBob says goodbye to Patrick and unlocks his door, you could see that the door was shut. In fact, the door was unlocked when Squidward opened it and then it became locked when SpongeBob opens it with his key.*This episode usually only airs in late October because it is paired up with the Halloween episode.
- SpongeBob (as a snail) out of both Gary and Squidward is the only one without a shell but his pants on the lump on his snail back whitch used to be his bottom could be considered a shell otherwise he is considered a slug.
- 13th time Mr. Krabs doesn't appear.
- Another town named Ukulele Bottom is mentioned in this episode.
- The title of this episode is a parody of the of the old movie, I Was a Teenage Werewolf.
- The title card music for this episode was heard again in "Not Normal."
- SpongeBob said that he had all of the cans of Gary's snail food marked, but it wasn't mentioned in closed captions.
- The song that Gary, SpongeBob and Squidward meow is "Blow the Man Down".
- Squidward doesn't seem to know about Gary's existence in this episode, even though he has interacted with him in earlier episodes most notably "Culture Shock" when he introduced Gary to the audience.
- The narrator does not pronounce the "3 days later" card. This is the first episode where that happens and the only time in the Hillenburg era (1999-2004).
- This was the first time card in the series, but lacked a narrator. They might have had the narrator start pronouncing the title card so viewers who can't read would know what it says.
- After sunbathing, when Squidward just remembered to take care of Gary, Lovely Scenery C didn't play. This was fixed in later airings. However, the track only played during this episode in TV airings.
- In the "Lights, Camera, Pants!" game there is a painting based on this episode.
- This is the third time tikis are on the title card. The first was Hall Monitor and the second was Culture Shock.
- The aftermath of the Snail SpongeBob chasing Squidward leaves Squidward's house a wreck. The sharp pointed end of his clarinet is seen going into a portrait of Squidward's nose. Coincidentally, the sharp pointed Snail Plasma item is caught on Squidward's nose a few seconds afterwards.
- This is the 1st time Squidward eats Gary's food. 2nd will be Pineapple Fever.
- This the first time Spongebob has transformed into another animal rather than shape the second time being during a halloween promo for Nickelodeon in 2010 in which he transforms into a Moldy Sponge .
- This is the only episode where Squidward transforms.
- At the last time when squidward sings before he gets hit with the boot, you can see his adam's apple.
- In real-life if Squidward ate all the food and swallowed it, he'll be fat and will take a long time to digest.
- After Squidward got hit with the boot, it seemed as if Gary and SpongeBob finished the song sooner that they expected. This summary is ironic because being hit is bad while finishing sooner is good.
- Squidward's shell is the same as Gary's.
- Second time character's name is on the title card.
APM Music Identification
- House of Horror - Title card; Squidward is afraid of the Spongesnail
- Honolulu March - Gary plays in his exercise wheel.
- Aloha - SpongeBob waits for Gary to return the ball.
- The Achterhoek Dances - (1st dance) Squidward knocks on SpongeBob's door.
- Me for You - SpongeBob tells Squidward how to care for Gary but Squidward doesn't pay attention.
- On the Beach - "This is gonna be the best three days of my life.
- Uknown Hawaiin Sting 5-"The bus is here!"
- Lovely Scenery C - "The snail! I forgot the snail!"
- Chase Cue 1 - Squidward rushes into spongebob's house to find Gary wasn't feeling well.
- Funeral March - (larry hochman version) Gary feels unwell.
- Dramatic Impact 5- "Aah! Gary"
- Woe is Me! - "Squidward, something is wrong with Gary! Squidward!"
- On the Beach - The doctor shows Squidward and SpongeBob the snail plasma.
- Cello Link (a) - Gary coughs
- Twelfh Street Rag (Ukelele 1) - SpongeBob eats snail food. (When SpongeBob walks to the sink the music slows down)
- Curse of Evil 1 - SpongeBob turns into SpongeSnail.
- Esta Noche A - Squidward is seen in bed with his clarinet.
- House of Horror - Squidward suddenly becomes shocked in sight of SpongeSnail.
- Dramatic Cue A - Squidward turns into SquidSnail. (Deleted Scene only)
- Hawaiian Link A - The moon shines.
- Blow The Man Down (a) - The tune that Gary, SpongeSnail and SquidSnail meow to in the end.