Time cards shown:
- One week later
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Police Officers
- Karen Plankton
- Tune of "Oh My Darlin' Clemintine":
- Time to feed him, time to feed him,
- Now it's Gary-feeding time,
- Meow, MaMeow-Meow Meow MaMeow Meow
- Tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat":
- Brush, Brush, Brush my teeth,
- Gently keep them clean
- Tune of William Tell Overture
Plankton breaks out of jail and arrives back at the Chum Bucket, only to be kicked out by a selfish Karen. He then sees SpongeBob who is singing a song about the Krabby Patty. Plankton then plots on stealing the formula by asking SpongeBob the words of his song. When he does, SpongeBob thinks that Plankton wants him to join his band. SpongeBob goes to Patrick to see if he wants to join too. Plankton agrees so before Squidward comes outside and SpongeBob asks him to join their band. Squidward at first turns down the offer but changes his mind to the thought of being famous. Then, SpongeBob and Patrick go to SpongeBob's garage to prepare themselves for their first gig at the Krusty Krab. While they're doing that, Squidward lifts weights until he gets his "dream body". One of Plankton's attempts of stealing the recipe is using a brain-searcher on SpongeBob, disguising it as recording equipment. 1 week later they start heading to the Krusty Krab. A cop comes and Plankton hides in SpongeBob's nose until the cop leaves. They finally arrive at the Krusty Krab and Plankton goes to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, but SpongeBob catches him and realizes the band was just a front. Plankton goes to jail again and gets locked in a cell right in front of the jail yard, where SpongeBob and the others, revealed to be on the yard outside the jail, claims they "have 22 years until their next gig." The last thing the viewer hears is Plankton groaning loudly as the boys are playing in their band.
- This episode is rated TV-Y7.
- The episode title is in reference to an album by The Beatles called "Abbey Road".
- Patrick played "William Tell Overture" on his belly.
- Squidward told Spongebob and Patrick that they do not know about music, but Spongebob was magnificent at singing and playing the eletric guitar in the movie, singing Goofy Goober Rock!, and he also sings Sweet Victory in Band Geeks. This means that Squidward is jealous, or temperamental.
- The Krabby Patty Formula is written in random letters.
- The Krabby Patty secret formula is revealed to have "humorous censorship", to keep viewers from discovering the secret formula themselves.
- The title of this episode is a parody of the famous Beatles album, Abbey Road. The title card even parodies the back cover.
- The title is also a reference to an old SpongeBob SquarePants holiday commercial. It was to promote a fake holiday album that Plankton made himself. At the beginning of it, an announcer said that on the albums Plankton made was called "Krabby Road".
- Also, the title card is a reference to the cover of Pink Floyd's album The Wall.
- Squidward is seen playing left-handed when the group is warming up in the Krusty Krab, but later is seen holding the guitar right-handed outside the restaurant. This error also happens in Jellyfishing.
- When Squidward was working out this could refer to Wishing You Well when Patrick said to work out more.
- In the German version of this episode, the episode is called Krabby Patty Blues.
- This is one of the only episodes where Mr. Krabs wasn't seen but Plankton and The Krusty Krab appear.
- Some of the tough fish who were accepted into the Salty Spitoon in No Weenies Allowed appeared in the beginning of this episode as prisoners.
- Patrick has a natural talent to instantly grow hair in any style. This may be because in "Patrick SmartPants", he made a formula that did just that to him.
- This is the fourth episode where Plankton appears, but Mr. Krabs doesn't.
- SpongeBob plays bass guitar, and it's a red version of the one Mrs. Puff played in Band Geeks.
- Plankton called his bass guitar a guitar.
- This is the only episode where Mr. Krabs doesn't appear when Plankton tries to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula.
- This is the first (and only) episode in the entire series where Squidward didn't act grumpy or show any signs of anger at all.
- This is the first episode of 2008.
- When Spongebob said "Hey Plankton can our first song be like this?" and he makes a deep alarm noise then a high-pitched screech has become a internet fad which a dreadful noise will replace the alarm noise and the high-pitched screech and it is called Hey Plankton.
- Although multiple years after the movie, some fans spectulate this episode is set right after the movie, due to the movie ending with Plankton going to prison, and this episode started with him escaping prison.
APM Music Identification
- Dramatic Impact - "He's gone! He's so small, he could be anywhere!"
- Blood In The Gutter - Plankton escapes.
- Tomfoolery - Plankton brings in the recording equipment.
- O Makalapua (b) - Plankton's recording equipment breaks.
- Hawaiian Link B - "One week later..."
- The Mob - Plankton sees a police boat.
- Dramatic Impact 1 - Plankton runs into the Krusty Krab to get the Krabby Patty formula.
- Drama Link D - Plankton gets caught.