|Little Yellow Book|
|Season 9, Episode 182a|
|Air date||March 2, 2013|
|Written by|| Luke Brookshier|
Bumper to Bumper
- Squidward Tentacles (Villainous role)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Old Man Jenkins
- Gary (cameo)
- Mrs. Tentacles (in a picture)
- Taxi driver
- Big Fish
- Frank (red shirt)
- Frank (spatula)
- News delivery fish
- Nat Peterson
- Frankie Billy
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Officer John
It starts off at the Krusty Krab, where business is slow. As a result, Squidward decides to rest. Before he even gets a chance to start relaxing, however, a whole bunch of fish come. Squidward freaks out when he realizes SpongeBob isn't making Krabby Patties. Squidward then finds SpongeBob in a barrel. He screams at him, resulting in Spongebob melting out of the barrel. SpongeBob makes the food and serves everybody while Squidward finds a book in the barrel. Then, SpongeBob grabs it and puts it in between the two frying baskets. Whenever Squidward tries to see the book, SpongeBob snatches the book from him, which happens twice. A few minutes later, SpongeBob takes a break and Squidward finds the book in the barrel again. Now, that he finds out the book was a diary, Squidward reads SpongeBob's diary to everyone at the Krusty Krab. The first secret he reads is that Spongebob named his spatula Fifi. This amuses everyone and when Spongebob comes back asking what's going on, Patrick teases him about him naming his spatula Fifi. Embarrassed, Spongebob nervously excuses himself to the kitchen. Squidward then reads another secret, which reveals that whenever SpongeBob sees plaid, he acts like a chicken. The second secret is if he hears the Bikini Bottom Anthem not sung, he dances with his underwear. Later, SpongeBob finds out and gets embarressed about Squidward reading his diary, crying, "Squidward, how could you?" Then, he runs away from the Krusty Krab, and bumps into Mr. Krabs. Since Mr. Krabs is wearing plaid, the second Spongebob sees him, he acts like a chicken. Then he continues crying and runs into town. Squidward is then shown in the newspaper that shows him reading the diary; with the news even calling him a diary thief. Squidward just laughs at the paper as he believed it was like teasing. Then he goes in a taxi and realizes that it's Kelpy G's manager, although Kelpy G's manager drives away. Later on, he goes to his house, only to find out that his loan was taken away. Now when Squidward sleeps on a bench, the police regonize him and lock him in the stocks. Then Patrick throws tomatoes at him. Later on SpongeBob arrives to the scene while reading his diary. Now the crowd booes at SpongeBob because they believe he was reading someone else's diary. He says that the diary was his and the crowd believes him and now throws tomatoes at Squidward. Spongebob reveals to Squidward that the diary read at work was his "work diary" and says that he published it, thanks to Squidward, and now the diary is a number one pubished book. After SpongeBob is able to convince the crowd to forgive Squidward, he sees that his secret diary is now being read by Squidward once again, and SpongeBob runs off crying. The episode ends with tomatoes being thrown at Squidward by the disgusted crowd, laughing as he reads SpongeBob's diary, "I don't care! This is so worth it!"
- This is the third appearance of SpongeBob's diary. The first was Boating School and the second was Gone.
- This episode has been criticized by a number of fans mainly because the episode shows Squidward in a very negative light.
- This episode was originally supposed to air in 2012 but it aired in 2013 for some reason.
- This is the third time SpongeBob has been humiliated by Squidward and the Krusty Krab customers. First was "Fools in April" second was in "Grandma's Kisses". He was also embarrassed at the Krusty Krab by Mr. Krabs when he was one of the Bikini Bottom Ghosts in Pranks a Lot
- This is Squidward's second villainous appearance since That Sinking Feeling, as he tried to make SpongeBob feel bad.
- It's unknown how Squidward got his house back in later episodes. Maybe it's because that they gave it back on the account that reading another person's diary has nothing to do with a loan.
- The police actually could not have done what they did to squidward as reading another person's diary isn't against the law.
- This episode will part of the "SpongeBob's Secrets Revealed" marathon which features episodes such as Grandma's Kisses, My Pretty Seahorse, and Nasty Patty.
- This episode aired 3/2/13, but on Nickelodeon it says 11/25/12. 11/25/12 is when it was originally supposed to air.
- It is revealed that if SpongeBob sees plaid, he'll act like a chicken. Also, if SpongeBob hears the Bikini Bottom Municipal Anthem (instrumental), he'll dance in his underwear.
- However in Patty Hype, he was selling plaid patties.
- In Stanley S. SquarePants, Sandy's cousin was wearing plaid, and SpongeBob did not act like a chicken.
- In Imitation Krabs SpongeBob and Robot Krabs (Plankton) sang the Bikini Bottom Anthem, and SpongeBob didn't dance in his underwear. It could have been an alternate anthem or due to it was being vocal instead of instrument. It could also be due to the instrumental part not being present.
- Seventh time Squidward's House has been removed. First is Bubblestand, second is Good Neighbors, third is Rule of Dumb, fourth time is The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom, fifth is Big Sister Sam, and sixth is Mermaid Man Begins.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs has hair.
- The title card background is similar to Sandy's Rocket, Wormy, Fungus Among Us, and Buried in Time.
- The title card music is the same as Squid Baby.
- This is the third appearance of the paperboy. The first was Hall Monitor. The second was Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II.
- This is the second time Gary bites Squidward. The first was Once Bitten.
- In this episode, Squidward laughs at SpongeBob when he's crying, yet in Fools in April, he feels guilty for making SpongeBob cry and tries to apologize. This might be a similar episode to Fools in April.
- SpongeBob and his work diary state that his spatula is named Fifi, yet in All That Glitters and other epsiodes it was called Spat. It could have been another spatula or that he renamed it.
- This episode reveals that SpongeBob has two diaries, both which have been read by Squidward.
- As of this episode, SpongeBob is now a critically-acclaimed author.
- This episode once again reveals SpongeBob's spatula having the ability to make multiple copies of its head. This will not be shown again until the episode Evil Spatula.
- This is the third time the customers become ravenous and physical in the dining area due to an extended wait for the patties. The first time was Truth or Square and the second time being Oral Report. Another, more technical, time was Help Wanted, yet the nematodes did not have an extended wait in a sense.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are preparing the secret Krabby Patty formula from scratch. The first is The Great Patty Caper
- Running Gag: Squidward reading SpongeBob's diaries.
- Kelpy G's manager appears as a taxi driver.
- When Spongebob took off his pants, his shape liked like the pants, and didn't show his feet