- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mrs. Puff
- Sergeant Sam Roderick
- Mr. Gunther Fitz
- Patrick Star (2 cameos)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Monroe Timmy
- Tyler Fishbowl
- Nat Peterson (2 cameos)
Time cards shown
- Several days later
At Mrs. Puff's Boating School, Mr. Fitz, the superintendent, is talking to Mrs. Puff about renewing her teaching certificate, but informed her of the high record of failing students. However, SpongeBob is the only student who has ever failed her class, but has done so 1,258,056 times. Mrs. Puff is told to show Mr. Fitz everything she has taught SpongeBob, and within seconds, he fails yet another driving test by bashing in a boat. Mr. Fitz fires Mrs. Puff (to her delight since she dislikes SpongeBob), and a new boating instructor named Sergeant Roderick (most likely a shark) comes in and takes over the school.
Sergeant Roderick is a viciously cruel drill instructor, who immediately throws out one student for talking and another for eating. All the other students run away, except for SpongeBob, who is now his only student. The new boating instructor has set up a difficult course, which he trains SpongeBob to crawl, walk, run, and eventually drive through while blindfolded. Surprisingly, he masters this.
When the time of SpongeBob's final exam, which Mr. Fitz personally comes to watch, SpongeBob realizes that he can only drive while blindfolded, and proceeds to take the exam with the same disasterous results. Roderick nearly dies attempting to stop his boat from destroying the city, and Mr. Fitz realizes that SpongeBob is "unteachable" and rehires Mrs. Puff.
- Mrs. Puff gets fired from her job for the first time.
- Sargent Rodrick replaces Mrs. Puff.
- SpongeBob can successfully drive only if he can't see.
- This is the fourth episode that Squidward, Sandy and Mr. Krabs are absent. The first was Walking Small, the second was Mermaidman and Barnacleboy II, and the third was No Free Rides. Patrick, however, did make two very brief cameos here..
- Sargent Rodrick resembles a military trainor.
- When Sargent Rodrick bent SpongeBob's arm, his hand went from a fist to an outstreached palm.
- This is another instance in which SpongeBob proves he can drive competantly. Previously, in Boating School, he gets instructions from Patrick's walkie-talkie, and is just about to pass the test. However, when Mrs. Puff tells him his method is a form of cheating, SpongeBob drives out of control and fails once again.
- The title card is similar to Ditchin'.
- This is the 2nd time SpongeBob says, Hey, a nickel! The 1st was in Krab Borg.
- It is unkown if Sargent Sam Roderick died or not when he was hit by the boat.
- The track is 0.192 miles long, and racing cars can go 11 seconds on a .200 mile track, and this track still seems like it's at least .750 miles long
APM Music Identification
- Horlepiep - Title card
- Furtive Footsteps - "I represent the Boating Teachers Accreditation Bureau..."
- Dramatic Impact 1 - "Yes, but he's failed 1,258,056 times."
- The Achterhoek Dances - (1st dance) Mrs. Puff gives SpongeBob a boating lesson while Mr. Fitz watches. (4th dance) Mrs. Puff is back at her school.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - "I failed?"; "Why don't you ask the shattered remains of this pedestrain HOW YOU DID?"
- Moloka'I Nui A - Mrs. Puff gets free and floats away.
- Dramatic Impact 2 - Roderick throws a student through the door.
- Finger of Fear - "Would anyone care for a bon-bon?"
- Dramatic Cue A - "No eating in my Classroom!"
- Deadline - Roderick teaches SpongeBob to drive
- Pell-Mell - SpongeBob crawls the course.
- Astronauts March - "I'm ashamed of you, cadet!"
- Big Ed's March - Montage of SpongeBob training
- Running Bass - SpongeBob runs the course.
- Dangerous A - SpongeBob runs into FAKE pedestrians.
- Up She Rises - SpongeBob learns the course blindfolded.
- Unknown Chase 2 - SpongeBob drives the test un-blindfolded, this music is unknown and is used in various episodes.