Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 1, Episode 11a|
|Air date||September 25, 1999|
|Written by|| Ennio Torresan, Jr.|
Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Larry the Lobster
- Don the Whale
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles (speaking cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs (speaking cameo)
- Perch Perkins (debut)
- Other fish in Goo Lagoon
- Anchor Arms shark
- Fish Paramedic
- Nat Peterson
When SpongeBob realizes that he is extremely weak, he asks Sandy to help him workout at Sandy's house. However, Sandy's methods prove far too intense for him, and he runs back home. At home, Spongebob mopes that he can't get strong, but then sees a infomercial on "Anchor Arms", which are inflatable muscles. SpongeBob purchases Anchor Arms, and goes to the Goo Lagoon bar to show off his "muscles." When Sandy sees him, she decides to enroll the both of them in the Anchor Toss Competition, where each contestant must throw an anchor the farthest they can. SpongeBob realizes this would expose that his "muscles" are fake and despite trying to tell Sandy not to enroll him, she does anyway. At the competition, every contestant heaves their anchors the farthest (including Sandy, whose anchor is in the lead), but Spongebob, with his fake muscles, cannot even lift his anchor. He inflates his "Anchor Arms" to strengthen himself, but instead they explode, revealing him as a fraud. Upset, Sandy sends Spongebob to her treedome. The next scene shows SpongeBob changing TV channels with a remote in Sandy's treedome as to get stronger, which he finds exhausting as his arm pops off.
- Running Gag: SpongeBob's arms keep detaching from his body after one of Sandy's workout routines.
- Anchor Toss Scores:
- Don the Whale: 200 yards (182.880 meters) (3rd Place)
- Larry the Lobster: 210 yards (192.024 meters) (2nd Place)
- Sandy Cheeks: 510 yards (466.344 meters) (1st Place)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: 0 yards (000.000 meters) (Last Place)
- Frank is another competitor in the Anchor Throwing Contest, but somehow didn't get a chance to throw his anchor.
- The acorn symbol on Sandy's suit is only three dots when she first arrives at SpongeBob's House.
- Females like Sandy can't have buff muscles naturally.
- There appears to be four fish in the overhead shot of the competition area although only three compete.
- The muscle arms are later used by the SpongeBob robot in SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom after it is defeated by the player and before SpongeBob enters its head.
- A couple of lines said by Sandy in the Juice Bar scene are not closed-captioned.
- The Juice Bar in this episode was later seen in Battle for Bikini Bottom in the Goo Lagoon level.
- Eighth time Patrick doesn't appear.
- The billboard sign with beachgoers working out reads "Mussel Beach", instead of "Muscle Beach". This is a reference to the tiny shell-covered creatures commonly found on beaches.
- The title card music "Big Ed's March" was also used in several Budweiser Super Bowl ads during the 2006 and 2007 NFL seasons.
- 11th episode with its title in it.
- This is the second episode with the Goo Lagoon in it. 1st was Ripped Pants.
- Sandy would've been 3rd if the anchor didn't chase the man.
- Sandy technically didn't throw her anchor like the others, she just threw it in the air and kicked it when it came back down.
- SpongeBob's line of "This squirrel's trying to kill me." would later be used by him in "Pre-Hibernation Week."
- The shark in the comercial for Anchor-Arms broke the 4th wall when he says "Hey, Hey you!" in the first part of the commercial. This meant he was talking to the people who were watching the TV, but also to SpongeBob.
- This is the first time a main character's name is put together with 2 different words. The second time was in SquidBob TentaclePants.
- When SpongeBob had a drink on his hand and he couldn't get it off, it was similar to a scene in Marvel's The Avengers where the Hulk tried to pick up Thor's hammer even though he was the strongest Marvel character but no one can pick up Thor's hammer except Thor.
- When SpongeBob hits the pole after Sandy finishes signing him to the anchor-toss competition, he is in his normal clothing instead of his bathing suit.
- There are notable closed captioning errors in SpongeBob's line while he is using the telephone after the training scene.
- When SpongeBob is fantasizing about having muscles, he is cooking full Krabby Patties on the grill instead of just the patty.
- When Sandy is asking SpongeBob his secret, the purple fish behind her has darker eyelids than usual.
- SpongeBob is weaker than normal in this episode shown not being able to pickup a glass, while he can pick up several things heavier normally.
- After watching the commercial for the inflatible Anchor Arms, Spongebob says he needs to get to a phone, although he just got off the phone with Sandy minutes earlier, insinuating he had no phone near him.
- The man who measured the anchor throwing distances was far from the other anchors after Larry the Lobster had his turn, but when Sandy had a turn, the man was next to the anchor before running around in circles.
- The person at the bar gave Spongebob another drink even though he didn't order one.
- When SpongeBob inflates the fake arms and the inflation meter is shown, the "Hairy" setting is not on the meter.
- Once again, the drinks behind the bar tender are poorly colored. This is another Goof in No free rides.
- Big Ed's March - Title card
- Vibe Link A - SpongeBob fantasizes himself with big muscles.
- Pell-Mell - SpongeBob attempts to do a push-up for Sandy.
- Dramatic Impact 5 - "This squirrel's trying to kill me."
- Hawaiian Link B - "This working out thing isn't working out. Ow. Ow. Ow."
- Fun at the Seaside - The commercial for Anchor Arms
- Stars and Games - SpongeBob shows off his Anchor Arms at Mussel Beach.
- Vibe Link B - "Eh, whadaya mean?"
- Rocket Sled to Oahu - Sandy signs in herself and SpongeBob to The big Mussel *Beach anchor tossing competition
- Hero Of The Beach - Beginning Of The big Mussel Beach anchor tossing competition.