Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 1, Episode 9b|
|Air date||September 11, 1999|
|Written by|| Chuck Klein|
Squidward is asleep, only to be woken up and annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick, who came into his house to throw a surprise birthday party for him. When they leave, he shouts that it isn't his birthday and calls Patty Rechid from "Bikini Bottom Realty" to arrange for his house to be sold, so that he may move out of Bikini Bottom. He is warned that, if his home is surrounded by bad neighbors, the house may not be sold. Squidward is convinced that SpongeBob and Patrick may ruin his chances of selling his house.
Squidward tells SpongeBob that it is "Opposite Day" in the morning, and that everyone must act opposite to how they usually act. SpongeBob believes him, and informs Patrick, who forces himself to stop exhaling, until SpongeBob exclaims, "not that opposite!" A montage of the two doing "opposite" things, such as talking backwards and acting as Gary's pets, is then shown.
Squidward's plot soon begins to backfire on him. SpongeBob "fixes" (damages) his house, and a shocked Squidward cleans the debris with a bulldozer. SpongeBob concludes that Squidward is acting like him, and he must therefore act like Squidward. While Squidward is still fixing SpongeBob' house, Patty arrives, and SpongeBob and Patrick both pretend to be Squidward, giving her a tour of the house, while describing it negatively and doing the opposite of what she asks. When Squidward realizes what is going on, he rushes to his house and attempts to explain the situation to Patty, who, upon hearing that he is "Squidward" as well, finally sees through his game and accuses them of intentionally messing with her:"WHAT KIND OF FOOL DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?! HE'S SQUIDWARD! HE'S SQUIDWARD! YOU'RE SQUIDWARD! I'M SQUIDWARD! ARE THERE ANY OTHER SQUIDWARDS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?!". Gary comes in with a pickle on his face, resembling Squidward's large nose. He meows with a Squidward-style voice, and she leaves. Squidward begs Patty to sells his house, only for her to replies "I WON'T SELL YOUR HOUSE EVEN IF YOU'RE THE LAST SQUIDWARD ON EARTH!!". A furious Squidward shows SpongeBob and Patrick how much he "hates" (Squidward was not being sarcastic, although SpongeBob and Patrick was) them by attempting to run them over with a bulldozer, scaring SpongeBob and Patrick out of their wits as he is now on the warpath against them.
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
- Hilo March- The Hawaiian Serenaders (title card)
- Hawaiian Link (b)- Richard Myhill (Squidward sleeping)
- Honolulu March- George de Fretes (Squidward on the phone with a realtor)
- On the Beach- Kapono Beamer (the next day...)
- Duncan Gray- Robert Alexander White (Squidward playing bagpipes)
- [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (Squidward tells SpongeBob about Opposite Day)
- ? (SpongeBob gets into bed)
- ? (Patrick at the door)
- Hawaiian Pussycat- George de Fretes (doing everything opposite)
- Good Bye Samba A- Ben Nabor (SpongeBob's house wrecked)
- Hawaiian Link (a)- Richard Myhill ("Isn't it beautiful?")
- Brushes- Martyn David, Alan Bell, Roger Stephen Dexter (Squidward rebuilding SpongeBob's house)
- Timpani- Military (d) - Gary Kettel ("I don't get it.")
- Entry of the Gladiators- Dick Stephen Walter ("I must be the opposite of SpongeBob.")
- Drum Roll to Cymbal (b)- Martyn David, Alan Bell, Roger Stephen Dexter (drum roll)
- Vibe Link (b)- Richard Myhill (SpongeBob snaps fingers)
- Drum Roll to Cymbal (b)- Martyn David, Alan Bell, Roger Stephen Dexter (drum roll again)
- Twelfth Street Rag[original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (Patrick dances)
- Honolulu March- George de Fretes (realtor arrives)
- Gator[original music by Steve Belfer] (SpongeBob pretending to be Squidward)
- Dramatic Cue (a)- Ronald Hanmer (Squidward sees the realtor's car)
- Gator[original music by Steve Belfer] ("What kind of fool do you take me for?")
- Honolulu March - George de Fretes (ending)
- This is the first episode that both Squidward and Patrick have more screentime than SpongeBob.
- Despite it being Wednesday, Spongebob and Squidward were not working at the Krusty Krab.
- Attempting to run sombody over with a bulldozer, or anything with a motor in it for that matter, is illegal. If the person doesn't get hit, its an attempted vehicular assult, and (usually) an attempted murder charge, if the person does get hit and survives its vehicular assult and (usually) an attempted murder charge. if the person dosen't survive then they would go to jail on murder 1 charges, or they would be upgraded to murder if the person survived initally but died in the hospital.
- It is actually also illegal to impersonate somebody, unless it's Halloween, a costume party, filming a biographical movie or related media like a school play or historical-fiction, or the person you impersonate is the victim of a case. This is called Identity Theft.
- This is the first episode where the title card music continues into the episode.
- It is revealed in this episode that SpongeBob knows that Squidward dislikes him.
- The scene where Patrick danced around repeating "I'm Squidward" became popular on YouTube.
- This is the first time SpongeBob and Patrick impersonate Squidward.
- Patty Rechid was voiced by Lori Alan, who also does the voice of Pearl in the series but, the end credits mistake her to be voiced by Sirena Irwin.
- This episode may have inspired SpongeBob PinkPants.
- 9th episode with its title in it.
- When Spongebob and Patrick are talking backwards they are saying: "Hey, Patrick", "I give up", and "To get to the opposite side". The captions says "(speaking gibberish)"
- On the Drawn Together episode "Terms of Endearment", Wooldoor Sockbat has a similar joke based on this episode.
- Squidward drives a bulldozer again in Big Sister Sam and New Fish in Town.
- Opposite: Patrick and Spongebob turn opposite colors, They speak backwards, They eat and live like Gary, Gary eats with fine dining, when they blow a bubble they get blown up.
- In one scene, Squidward's house ear has window, then it's gone.
- The events of this episode might explain the rules of Squidward's new community in Squidville, when Squidward is asked if he is, or ever was a sponge. The Realtor might have shared her horror story about Spongebob and Patrick pretending to be Squidward.
- Spongebob eats snail food in Missing Identity and does not like it but in this episode he does not complain.
- 1st time Spongebob eats Snail Food, 2nd time will be I Was a Teenage Gary, 3rd time is Missing Identity.
- Patty Rechid again appeared in Truth or Square
- This episode title is very similar to a Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy episode, 'Opposite Day'.
- After Patty leaves, Squidward lays on the ground in shame. In the close up of his face, SpongeBob has his belt around his waist, but it was wrapped around his head.
- When Patty says, "Are there anymore Squidwards I should know about?", the captions simply say, "Are there anymore Squidwards?".
- When SpongeBob puts the belt around his head, the belt buckle and the piece of belt that goes through it disappears.
- When SpongeBob offers the Realtor to see the rest of the house captions just say, "Would you like to see the rest?"
- Spongebob says to Patrick "That's right, you're my worst enemy!" but he should have said "That's wrong, your're my worst enemy!"