|Season 8, Episode 157b|
|Air date||March 26, 2011|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
Squidward's School for Grown-Ups
Sweet and Sour Squid
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- Dale (Cameo)
- Tom (Cameo)
- Harold (2 Cameos)
- Nat Peterson
- Billy (real name is Taylor)
- Monroe Timmy
- Frankie Billy
Before No Free Rides
At the Krusty Krab, the customers are very hungry. Squidward asks SpongeBob why the orders aren't ready yet. SpongeBob explains that he is practicing for an oral report that he must do for boating school. Squidward says that "public speaking" causes stress, but SpongeBob explains how he is good at "public speaking". SpongeBob then walks out, ready to give the customers their orders, and gets scared because they are acting zombie-like. SpongeBob realizes that he has stage fright. The customer starts fighting for the single order as Squidward gets beaten up after trying to give a customer its order, which makes SpongeBob even more frightened. Alex then shows up and pounds the daylights out of all the customers for attacking Squidward. It then cuts to Patrick's rock. Patrick opens it, only to realize he has the wrong rock, but SpongeBob pulls him in. SpongeBob asks Patrick to help him practice by listening to his speech. SpongeBob is prevented of practicing his she says if he wants to pass, then he has to give the report. Patrick gives SpongeBob the goggles but accidentally breaks them in the process.
A fish, Billy tells him to hurry up, and SpongeBob sees him in his underwear, he is relieved. SpongeBob begins laughing and Mrs. Puff asks him why, SpongeBob sees Mrs. Puff's underwear and starts laughing even harder. SpongeBob begins reading it but everybody's underwear start angrily telling him to get on with it. SpongeBob screams and runs out, he drives a boat away and Patrick and Mrs. Puff chase him. The police notice that SpongeBob ran a stop light and chase after him, also. SpongeBob then crashes through various buildings. The police question if he knows about "boat safety" and SpongeBob goes through a long explanation of "boat safety". The police start crying and say it's beautiful. Mrs. Puff says that SpongeBob will have to go to jail and she won't have to teach him anymore. The police explain how she was the one who taught him and they take her to jail. After this, Patrick is happy that SpongeBob got over his fear, and puts on the underwear glasses, he notices that SpongeBob's underwear starts talking angrily and he runs away.
- The title card for this episode looks similar to the title card of Frankendoodle, as both are on paper.
- This is the first time we see all the main characters on the title card. But it's only a drawing.
- When SpongeBob begins shaking, Mrs. Puff's spots are missing.
- This is the first episode to show Mrs. Puff as the main antagonist.
- Sandy claims that her bikini is her undies.
- The goggles resemble old-fashioned pilot goggles.
- Patrick interrupts SpongeBob in the following ways:
- Asking to sit in the back of the class.
- Asking for a hall pass.
- Yelling "Boring!", then, "Next!"
- Falling asleep.
- Throwing pillows at SpongeBob.
- Acting like Mrs. Puff and giving him a detention slip.
- Putting him on a treadmill and forcing him to run in place while he gives the report.
- Crashing a pair of cymbals.
- This is the third time Patrick appears as a lady. The first was That's No Lady and the second was Love That Squid.
- It is interesting to note several similarities between this episode and "Hall Monitor":
- SpongeBob is required to do an oral assignment at Mrs. Puff's Boating School.
- A rampage occurred in urban Bikini Bottom.
- When Mrs. Puff states SpongeBob was under her responsibility, the police arrest her rather than SpongeBob.
- If you look closely right when Squidward is getting beaten up by the customers at the Krusty Krab, you can see his hat fly through the window into the kitchen where SpongeBob is at.
- The students who were staring angrily at SpongeBob:
- This is the fifth time jellyfish appear on title cards. the first was Jellyfishing. The second was Jellyfish Jam. The third was The Pink Purloiner. The fourth was You Don't Know Sponge.
- This is the second time that someone impersonates Mrs. Puff, in this episode's case, it's Patrick. The first was SpongeBob back in the episode Gone.
- The music that is played when Squidward was first looking at the hungry customers is the same music that is played when Patrick was looking at nothing in the episode Stuck in the Wringer.
- The clock on top of the purple poster behind the students was there in one scene, but then disappears in another.
- After Squidward asking SpongeBob to take orders from the customers, the index cards in the grill was gone.