- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mrs. Puff
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles
SpongeBob wakes up on the morning of the Boating School Picture Day all excited. He gets up and he does his routine, "brushing" his teeth, putting on his socks, getting dressed. But as he leaves, he is dumped in a garbage truck. He goes back and he does his routine over again. He leaves, more cautious this time. But he has a run-in with teenagers and ketchup. He manages to duck them, but is squirted by Old Man Jenkins ketchup. He goes back home for the second time and redos his routine. This time, he uses Sponge Gloss (a pink substance that keeps the user clean similar to lip gloss). As he gets closer to boating school, the sponge gloss gets washed away by a truck full of water. More trucks crashed and covered SpongeBob in stamps, oatmeal and glue. As he is taking another shower, Patrick comes in with a jar full of jelly. Patrick eats it, and then SpongeBob gets an idea. He hides in the jar and successfully gets to Boating School. But Patrick thinks he is jelly and takes him over to the table, where his peanut butter taco is. He dumps SpongeBob on it, unknowing that it is SpongeBob. SpongeBob lands in the taco, all dirty again. As he cries, his teacher, Ms. Puff, comes outside and drags him in kicking and screaming for the picture, despite SpongeBob's protesting. The cameraman puts him in a small green outfit for the picture, but SpongeBob still doesn't smile. The photographer puts a huge mouth of dentures in SpongeBob's mouth and that makes him smile. The episode ends with SpongeBob and Gary looking at the yearbook. He is surrounded by real humans in the yearbook, like in real life, with teeth exactly like SpongeBob's. SpongeBob says, "Look, there I am. I don't look so bad." And it ends.
- In the scene where SpongeBob is wearing Spongegloss and sneaks around, the mailbox already had aSpongegloss print on it before SpongeBob moves to it.
- In other episodes, SpongeBob's socks already have the lines, but in this episode he draws them.
- The title card music is the same as Tea at the Treedome.
- The plot in this episode is almost identical to the Disney's Recess episode "One Stayed Clean."
- A gag in this episode is that SpongeBob takes a shower with his clothes on. In fact, this is the only time in the entire series when he takes a shower alone. When Patrick comes in and sees SpongeBob, SpongeBob says "Patrick, a little privacy here". If his clothes were on, nothing should be private.
- One goof is when Harold is hit by a ketchup filled balloon, he is knocked out. But when SpongeBob runs to the hot-dog place, Harold is sitting there eating.
- The scene where SpongeBob is sprayed with the hose is taken from the Harmony Korine film Julien Donkey Boy.
- This the 45th episode with its name in it.
- In the scene when the foghorn alarm clock goes off Gary meows but his meow cannot be heard.
- Paried up with 2 other episodes: Pat No Pay and BlackJack.
- Patrick asks for some jelly but he already has jelly in the jar. It's likely he took the jar from the kitchen and then asked SpongeBob for the jelly.
- At the end of the episode we see everyone else is wearing fake teeth like SpongeBob.
- At the end, The yearbook is Stephen Hillenburg's high school yearbook, while SpongeBob is covering up his picture.
- When SpongeBob went back inside his house, he painted two more stripes on each sock, and when he putted on his pants, his socks each had two stripes, and SpongeBob said, "I'm ready!", his socks each had four stripes again.
- Title card music is the same as "Tea at the Treedome" and "Bossy Boots".