Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Nat Peterson (Bus driver)
- Rock Bottom Bus Manager
- Thaddeus (Guy sleeping on bus)
- Rock Bottomites
SpongeBob and Patrick board a bus to get home fromGlove World, a glove-themed amusement park. They have apparently gotten on the wrong bus and head off a large cliff. The cliff leads to a sort of aphotic zone called Rock Bottom, inhabited by anglerfish-like creatures. Patrick gets on a bus home but accidentally leaves SpongeBob behind. After several unsuccessful attempts to get on the bus, he heads to the bus station and gets in a very long line. By the time he gets to the front, he finds out that the last bus to leave for the night is already gone, and he's stuck there until morning. He gets scared by a raspberry sound coming from nowhere, and he dashes back to the cliff. The raspberry sound's maker reveals himself to be a friendly-looking anglerfish creature, who has SpongeBob's balloon from Glove World. The creature blows up the balloon, ties it to SpongeBob's wrist, and allows him to float up the cliff and back to Bikini Bottom. Patrick is then shown going back to Rock Bottom for SpongeBob, thinking he is still there.
- Moon Walk - Title card, SpongeBob and Patrick end up in Rock Bottom
- Cierre Bob Esponja - SpongeBob searches his pockets for money.
- On Fire - The bus drives into Rock Bottom.
- Mavericks- SpongeBob chases the bus.
- Hawaiian Link B - "I better go wait for the next one."
- Vibe Link B - "Shoe's untied."
- Hawaiian Link A - The wind begins to blow.
- Kamakani B - SpongeBob loses his balloon and misses another bus.
- SpongeBob Theme- The angler fish steals SpongeBob's balloon
- Seaweed- Spongebob sees a vending machine.
- Dramatic Cue D - Hey! That was mine!
- Deadline - "Tartar sauce!" / "Fishpaste!"
- Hawaiian Cocktail - "Okay, 329."
- On the Beach - SpongeBob waits and waits and waits and waits.
- Menace From The Deep- SpongeBob is in the bus station all by himelf.
- Royal Hawaiian Hula - SpongeBob sees the angler fish again.
- Honolulu March - SpongeBob floats back home.
- Residents of Rock Bottom all speak by blowing a raspberry in between words. When SpongeBob tried to speak normal to the fish at the bus station, the fish did not understand his "accent".
- This episode title is very similar to a Code Lyoko episode, "Rock Bottom?"
- It is unknown why the fish that blew up Spongebob's balloon didn't speak in the Rock Bottom accent.
- The storyboard artists aren't credited in this episode.
- The opening credits for this episode are in light blue instead of the regular navy blue. This also happens inArrgh!.
- The title card pattern is the same as Graveyard Shift and Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, but with color difference and upside down.
- This is one of the six episodes in which the 1986 Paramount logo is plastered with the 2002 Paramount logo. The others are "Help Wanted", "Squeaky Boots", "F.U.N.", "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost", and "Employee of the Month".
- Close to the cliff is a public toilet with a ? and a ¿. It is unknown which gender belongs to which bathroom.
- Since the one-eyed creature that was also the bus station employee came out of the one with the ¿ and had a male voice, it could be hinted that that one is for males.
- Near that on the other side of the street is a Candy Machine.
- The fish that works at the bus station in Rock Bottom to give schedules of when the buses are coming is the same fish who stole SpongeBob's Kelp Nougat Krunch candy bar from the vending machine.
- As the bus carrying SpongeBob and Patrick descends down the cliff face, the dramatic incidental music is from the song "Whirlpool", performed by the Detroit, Michigan surf band, The Volcano.
- In the level, Rock Bottom in Battle for Bikini Bottom, if the player runs towards the vending machine near the bus stop, a bus will drive up, stop at the bus stop, then continue driving, referencing the incident in this episode.
- This episode is similar to Stephen King's short story, Crouch End.
- This episode inspired the 2008 roller coaster, SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge, at the Mall of America in Bloomington MN
- The Dutch title of this episode is "Wachten op de bus", which means "Waiting For The Bus".
- The bus stop sign reads "BUZ" with a "Z" at the end instead of an"S" at the end. The vending machine sign has a K replacing the C, and the N is backwards.
- The Buttons that SpongeBob press are A-B-E-F-A-C-F-E-C for a Kelp Bar.
- Plan 1: When SpongeBob sneaks to the bus he places a cardboard self of him but the bus driver can see the back of the cardboard so he can drive off without SpongeBob as he sneaks.
- Plan 2: When the next bus comes SpongeBob pretends to be a bench, but when he tries getting on the bus it drives off.
- 16th episode with its name mentioned in it.
- While SpongeBob waits for the next bus at the bus station, the clock in there looks remotely like a Poke Ball from Pokemon.
- 6th time Squidward doesn't appear.
- 17th time Mr. Krabs doesn't appear.
- Arrgh!/Rock Bottom is the only set of episodes from Season 1 where Squidward does not appear.
- The Fiery Fist O' Pain can be briefly seen when SpongeBob and Patrick leave Glove World, although it is new in the later airing episode, "Roller Cowards".
- This episode, along with Reef Blower, are the only two Season 1 episodes to be never released on DVD (with the exception of the Season 1 DVD box set).
- Many cities in the series seem to end in "Bottom". (Bikini Bottom, Rock Bottom, Ukelele Bottom)
- Rock Bottom is one of the few cities in the series besides Bikini Bottom. See more here.
- Rock Bottom and Glove World together appear years later in SpongeBob's Boating Bash.
- This episode marks the first mentioning of Grandpa Squarepants, when SpongeBob immitates him, however his first actual appearence (in a thought bubble) is in The Sponge Who Could Fly.
- Rock Bottom later appears in Employee of the Month video game.
- This is the first and only apperance of Rock Bottom in the show. And the town appears a couple of times in video games.
- The citizens of Rock Bottom are based on deep sea animals, and Rock Bottom is apparently a deep sea trench.
- The ninety-degree slope is probably meant to be a continental slope.
- When SpongeBob says the extreme darkness is "advanced darkness", it's accurate, since Rock Bottom is a deep sea trench, and it's too far below the surface for light to reach.
- The grey fish with the purple shirt that walked out of the confusing bathroom was seen again on the line.
- Running Gags: Whenever SpongeBob sees a bus and tries to run up to it, it quickly drives off.
- Which is probably Nat Peterson getting Spongebob back for the balloon accidents earlier.
- The way that the letters on the Rock Bottom sign are similar to that of Death Note.
- It would seem that the buses were purposely driving off when they saw Spongebob. Perhaps the driver of the bus that brought Spongebob and Patrick radioed to the other drivers not to let Spongebob onboard due to his balloon.