|Season 8, Episode 155b|
|Air date||April 2, 2011|
|Written by|| Luke Brookshier|
A Friendly Game
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- The Sanitation Police
- Sanitation Worker
- Monday 7:45 AM
It is Spring Cleaning day, and SpongeBob works diligently on his house. When he takes out his garbage, Patrick reprimands him for letting go of all these sentimental items. After pondering the concept, SpongeBob agrees and fights the garbage truck's claw for his trash. The next day at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob begins collecting random items such as mayo, sweat, and patty grease. Then he starts hoarding them inside his house. But he runs out of room and starts piling it in his front yard. But Squidward starts to get annoyed by it, and tells him he has to throw away his "junk". SpongeBob tells him that he can't because it holds precious memories. Squidward then calls the sanitation police. They condemn the house because it is filled with junk and that he is a "threat to public health". They tell him he has to evacuate the pineapple immediately. Squidward is happy until they condemn his house for being filled with SpongeBob's "junk". When SpongeBob asks the police if there is anything he can do they tell him his choices. They tell him he can evacuate the pineapple or throw away his "junk". SpongeBob decides to throw them away, but he takes pictures of everything first. Squidward is then happy again and plans to go back to bed. But he discovers that SpongeBob took so many pictures that he put some of his pictures in Squidward's house, without Squidward's permission. The episode ends Patrick says Nice Dress with Squidward yelling "IT'S A NIGHTSHIRT!".
- Running Gag: Someone comments about Squidward's night shirt being a dress, only to be corrected.
- One of the things that can be seen in the pile of garbage at Patrick's house is a table from the Krusty Krab.
- The junk SpongeBob was wearing was a dark green trash bag on his head, a half-torn pizza box for his pants, a toilet seat for his left sleeve, a red swim balloon for his right sleeve, bread for his left shoe, and a tissue box for his right shoe.
- This is one of the occasions where a House Fancy magazine is seen. The time, SpongeBob owns it, hinting that he also likes it unless he is just keeping everything he sees. The first occasion was in To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to the one for Big Sister Sam.
- The same purple muscular fish from Kracked Krabs is seen again as a garbage man.
- This is the first time in Season 8 SpongeBob is seen eating Kelpo. Also, in Waiting, SpongeBob had to order the toy, but in this episode SpongeBob got the toy in the box.
- This episode is similar to many "hoarder" shows. The only major differences are no depressing music, interlude cards, or announcers.
- You actually CAN get condemned or even arrested for maintaining an inhospitable home. This is one of the few "laws" in SpongeBob that is real.
- Sentimental value is a non-monetary value placed on an item by its owner. The episode's title is based on this phrase.
- In this episode SpongeBob was somehow able to pack fluids into a container. This also happened in Kracked Krabs: Mr. Krabs' "bitter tears".
- New Digs: He somehow has a snowflake collection.
- In this episode Squidward got in trouble for someone else's misdoings this also happened in
- Good Neighbors: Squidward got a lifetime of community service because of SpongeBob (he got it just because his house was the culprit)
- Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful: Squidward got tickets for littering without being able to give an explanation (this is the running gag for this episode (SpongeBob was once again to blame))
- Giant Squidward: Nothing legitimately bad happened but Squidward was forced to do nice things for people usually utilizing his large stature at the time (much like SpongeBob in The Sponge Who Could Fly(again it was sort of caused by SpongeBob))
- The Lost Mattress: SpongeBob and Patrick get Mr. Krabs a new mattress, however it almost kills him. They give him a card saying Squidward gave him the mattress (although it was really Spongebob and Patrick, but Squidward only signed the card for himself even though he didn't help them get the mattress). The police then believe it's Squidward's fault, and he is forced by law to help get the mattress back, and is attacked by a worm.)
- Cephalopod Lodge: Squidward is kicked out of a cephalopod lodge because SpongeBob and Patrick followed him there (only cephalopods are allowed), and then when SpongeBob and Patrick tried to help him get back in, they say it's Roger's fault for kicking him out, making Roger mad.
- Third time a place got condemned, first was in Best Day Ever, second was The Wreck of the Mauna Loa(although, it is hard to see the word condemned in that episode).
- When Patrick said "The wrapper from the gum I gave you", it could be a reference from The Gift of Gum and The Paper
- This is the second time the episode begins on the first day of Spring. The first was in My Pretty Seahorse.
- This episode takes place in Spring and it actually aired on April 2, 2011.
- Isn't it against privacy for someone (Patrick) to just barge into someone's (SpongeBob's) trash?
- Being sentimental is probably Patrick's excuse for being so dirty.
- Goof: After the Sanitation Police leave, "Alfred the Lightbulb" is gone.
- Squidward always tattletales on SpongeBob or someone like in Growth Spout for Mr. Krabs stealing food and SpongeBob for making him eat a lot of krabby patties when SpongeBob's Shoes are untied then Squidward said It's SpongeBob's fault in Your Shoe's Untied and Patrick's monster who destroys his house in The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom.
- The rock with the face on it that SpongeBob threw away looks similar to the art that Patrick made in The Googly Artiste.
- Couldn't SpongeBob just kept the garbage can in his house instead of filling his house with the garbage?
- Patrick should have known that a gum wrapper is considered trash/garbage, although this could be due to his stupidity.
- This is the 300th single episode.