Time Cards Present:
- The Next Day
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon (seen in lime green)
- Squidward Tentacles (speaking cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins (cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Angry Jack
- Patrick's Gym Teacher (two cameos)
- Torch Salesman
- Nat Peterson
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Patrick Star/I Wrote This
- "Gookie Wookie Teddy Bear"
Patrick and SpongeBob go to a comic book store, and Patrick sees an ad for a mail-in offer promising to record a song. He takes SpongeBob's comic book money to enter, and submits an entry called "I Wrote This" a song that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The paper smells terrible when he submits it, and the band dies from recording it. When the two listen to the song, it turns out to be so bad that it destroys SpongeBobs pineapple. Patrick had a flashback when he recited the poem: "Roses are blue. Violets are red. I have to go to the bathrooom". The gym teacher told him he had told him repeatedly that it was gym class, so he had the class throw dodgeballs at him. SpongeBob however thinks it's the greatest song ever, so he and Patrick try to get the song on the radio.
They are immediately rejected by the radio station, so they climb up the Radio Tower and use gum to stick a record player to the top of the antenna. The horrible song is heard throughout the town, which causes rioting, breakups and head explosions, the town form an angry mob, headed by Fred. They chase SpongeBob and Patrick down and Patrick starts to sing the song in front of everyone until his old gym teacher arrives, saying that Patrick never learned his lesson, which leads to the two getting pelted by dodgeballs and the episode ends.
- The title is a play on the nursery rhyme "Sing a Song of Sixpence".
- This is the second time where SpongeBob's parents are in a picture. The first was Home Sweet Pineapple.
- Patrick has three fans that like his song, they are SpongeBob, Old Man Jenkins, and the orange Harold.
- Patrick accurately describes a riot as an "angry mob with pitchforks and torches," but SpongeBob mistakes it for a fan club, marking another moment of Patrick's brief high intellect.
- This is the second time Patrick pulls SpongeBob's arm off. the first time was "Big Pink Loser".
- Patrick takes SpongeBob's money against his consent to buy something, in this case payment to turn his poem into a song. He would do this again in Yours, Mine, and Mine.
- The braces-wearing orange nerd fish, seen in the episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture as a member of the fanclub, is seen in the comic shop. He is reading a comic and gets annoyed by Patrick's constant noise. He remarks, "If only Inaudible Lad were here right now!"
- When Bikini Bottom is in chaos by Patrick's song, this is similar to the movie "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" where the audience is affected by Cox's controversial music.
- The scene where the gears in Patrick's head turn was previously seen in Patrick SmartPants.
- During the song, Twinkle, Twinkle, Patrick Star/I Wrote This, when the song goes, "My mommy named it Fred", the closed captions sing "My mommy made it bread".
- In real life, a record player stuck to the top of a radio tower with gum would not broadcast music.
- Patrick's song should have been on a CD, not a record; records (though for nostalgia purposes is still in limited production) went obsolete in the early 1990s.
- It's suggested that Gary has a dodgeball, due to his "maybe" reaction to SpongeBob when he asked Gary.
- Gookie Wookie Teddy Bear is a parody of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang song, Chu-Chi Face.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick climb up the radio tower, the space object that pass them is Sputnik 1, Russia's and the worlds first artificial satellite, which in fact launched on October 4, 1957 and burned up on February 4, 1958, so it's impossible for Sputnik 1 to appear in the episode.
- The radio mast on the radio station looked exactly like Warsaw Radio Mast.
APM Music Identification
- Hilo Rag - Title card
- Drama Link D - Everyone starts throwing dodge balls at Patrick.
- Drama Link B - Patrick thinks SpongeBob has a dodgeball.
- Alekoki - "Patrick, is that why you've been having trouble writing?"
- Wah Wah (a) - "What is that horrible smell?"
- Tomfoolery - SpongeBob and Patrick look at how high the radio tower is.
- From the Dead - An angry mob goes after SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Chase Cue 1 - DODGEBALLS READY!!!!