Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 7, Episode 142b|
|Air date||January 28, 2011|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
The Great Patty Caper
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Slimy Trash Can Creatures
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Harold (Large Role)
- Mr. Krabs
- Dolphin Warrior
- Frankie Billy
- Mary (Huge Role)
- Mrs. Shell
- Big Phil the Mayor of Bikini Bottom
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
Squidward attempts to make a self portrait when he is interrupted by a song SpongeBob is singing about how he has an "attitude of gratitude". After Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop, he slips on some spilled paintbrushes, falls down the stairs and through the floor, breaks a plumage pipe, spewing water. When SpongeBob offers to help, Squidward denies that he needs help and tells SpongeBob not to help him ever again. He tightens the pipe so much, the water can't get through. Squidward then walks off grumpily as he's late for work. At the Krusty Krab, Squidward says "Pardon me!" to a purple fish while entering, then walks to the counter and tells Spongebob to stop staring at him. He then says he doesn't have time to count them when a fish tries to buy a Krabby Patty for $3 with a huge pile of pennies, comments at a blue fish eating a Krabby Patty tapping his foot on the floor, gets mad with Nat Peterson for holding the door, thinks people are leaving "trash" on the table, insults a frail woman's clattering dentures, and a red fish's tall hat. He even scolds a blue fish for taking too long to eat and another for taking too long in the bathroom. When Spongebob passes by still singing about his attitude of gratitude, Squidward scolds him to stop. Spongebob asks whether he has an "attitude of gratitude", but Squidward says that he is the most miserable person in Bikini Bottom and doubts it can get worse. Immediately afterwards, a previously dormant volcano erupts. Everybody in the Krusty Krab evacuates because it is falling to pieces. Mr. Krabs sees no point in trying to run away and demands Squidward's and SpongeBob's life essence after the cash register is destroyed until someone points out the shelter. In the shelter, the mayor is trying to calm everyone, but they won't stop worrying. When the mayor also thinks that Bikini Bottom is doomed, a mysterious dolphin warrior comes in and says that they must sacrifice the most miserable person. When Squidward goes towards the door, SpongeBob says that they must find the most miserable person, but Squidward mocks him. They then realize Squidward is the most miserable person, so they attempt to sacrifice him. Before they throw him in the volcano alive, SpongeBob offers to be thrown in because he made Squidward miserable. Squidward accidentally falls off a ledge and asks SpongeBob to help him. When SpongeBob reminds him of his promise, Squidward takes it back and SpongeBob saves him. Meanwhile, the pipe at Squidward's house has built up so much water that it sends the house flying, and it falls into the volcano. The dolphin then says that he was going to say that the most miserable person's HOUSE must be sacrificed, and the people are once again calmed; except for Squidward, who now has no roof to sleep under. SpongeBob then lets Squidward sleep under his pineapple.
- Mr. Krabs calls the cash register "Cashy", once again. The first time he did this was in "SpongeBob vs. the Big One."
- The person who had the recording tape to record Squidward's voice was the same as from what happened in Boating Buddies.
- This is the second time Squidward imitates Spongebob, The first time was The Camping Episode.
- During the song Spongebob says 'There's no time like the present'. The line is very familiar. It was used in the Doctor Who story Planet Of The Spiders. Though this could be coincidental.
- This episode first aired with The Main Drain. Later, on March 6, 2011, it aired with Trench Billies.
- This is the first time a dolphin appears in cartoon form and actually talks.
- This is the third time that Squidward admits that he likes Spongebob. The first was in SB-129. The second was Graveyard Shift
- When SpongeBob's singing, he jumps up and spins around. This might be a reference to the Spin Block in New Super Mario Bros..
- This is the only episode that shows that there is a volcano in Bikini Bottom
- This is the 3rd time Squidward denied he said something and is proved wrong by a recording. the first two were The Paper and Boating Buddies.
- When Spongebob asks the mayor about parking tickets, he said he didn't have a car. Boats are the main transportation, thus Spongebob should have said he doesn't have a boat. The first time he said car was in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, second was in Hide and Then What Happens?.
- In the Brazilian version, Squidward says that the Krabby Patty costs "três reais". This is the first time in the cartoon dubbing where a character uses the Brazilian currency instead of dollars.
- The reason why the Krusty Krab is so close to the volcano may be because Mr. Krabs is so cheap, so he bought the cheapest place in Bikini Bottom, due to being so close to a volcano.
- The volcano erupting, and lava flowing with the citizens running from the Krusty Krab, and entering the shelter is a reference to the Volcano's eruption, and lava flowing from the 1997 volcano disaster films, Dante's Peak, and Volcano (film).
- Goof: the Volcano Shelter has a thatched roof, thus it would have burned quicker than the Krusty Krab's roof
- When Squidward's house plugs the volcano, his house looks much bigger than it actually is.
- When a real underwater volcano erupts it will create islands and sometimes makes tidal waves. And dosen't erupt lava, they erupt smoke.
- Like in other episodes Squidward admits he is the most misareable person in Bikini Bottom.
- This is the second time Squidward ends up spending the night with Spongebob. The first was in Can You Spare a Dime?.