Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Patrick Star (2 cameos)
- Dr. Forrest
- Bikini Bottom citizens
- Fish that works at the Hospital
Squidward is waiting for the Krusty Krab to close even though the day hasn't even started. SpongeBob keeps ringing the bell and it's starting to annoy Squidward. Squidward tells SpongeBob that he'll ring the bell when there's an order but says there won't be an order because there aren't any customers. Then he knocks over the cash register and all of the money spills out. Mr. Krabs hears the sound of money, and comes storming out of his office. Squidward attempts to pick the coins up but Mr. Krabs shoves him out of the way. Mr. Krabs then picks all the coins up and starts rinsing them under the tap. When SpongeBob surprises him, he drops a dime down the drain. Mr. Krabs sticks his claw in the pipe to catch the dime and he grabs hold of it, but his hand is stuck. He won't let go so he has SpongeBob pull on his backside. They pull too hard and Mr. Krabs loses his arms and smacks on the wall, causing all of the items on a shelf to fall onto his head.
He gets taken away to the hospital, leaving Squidward in charge. Squidward decides to take the day off and leave SpongeBob in charge of the grill and the cash register. As he's walking home, he remembers that he forgot to tell SpongeBob how to make change and that he could bankrupt the establishment. He goes to the Krusty Krab to test SpongeBob's ability to make change (for a dollar, in this case). SpongeBob passes the test.
Squidward goes back home and tries to relax again. Then he envisions SpongeBob setting the Krusty Krab on fire, so he rushes to the Krusty Krab and it's fine. Squidward then goes back home saying he won't go back to the Krusty Krab again. He then appears rushing back and forth from his house to the Krusty Krab. He finally goes back home and barricades and locks his door so he can't get out. That's when he finally cracks. While trying to have a bath, Squidward thinks he hears SpongeBob but it's just a branch scratching against his house, outside. He thinks that he sees SpongeBob outside of the shower curtain but it's just his toilet. Then he sees SpongeBob in the bath and escaping down the drain. Squidward bursts out of the house naked, and when he finally arrives at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob's already there. He never left! SpongeBob gives Squidward his pants because he's naked, then tells Squidward that they never switched the closed sign to open and they "could have taken the whole day off!" He laughs and Squidward's nose falls off and his head deflates ending the episode.
- This is the first time Squidward's name is abbreviated in the title card. the second will be in Squid on Strike, and the third, SquidBob TentaclePants, fourth, Squid Wood, fifth,Squid's Visit, sixth, Sweet and Sour Squid.
- The ways SpongeBob mentions to make change for a dollar are:
- Four quarters
- Ten dimes
- Twenty nickels
- One hundred pennies
- One quarter, three dimes, seven nickels, and ten pennies
- The price for Coral Bits is $1.05, as shown on the Galley Grub, but in "Clams", the coral bits only cost $1.00.
- In other episodes, the Krusty Krab is closed on Sundays.
- Things Mr. Krabs gets hit on the head include:
- Frying pan
- Lunch box
- Treasure chest
- Deep sea diver
- When Spongebob said " I'm sure you are!" Squidward's neck was the the same color as his shirt. And also, in another part, his neck was the same color as the Krusty Krab window.
- When Mr. Krabs loses his arms, SpongeBob says "Oh, no. Not again!". He may be referring to the episode,Welcome to the Chum Bucket.
- Near the end, there is a window in the Krusty Krab on the larger window near Mr. Krabs' office. This is somewhat impossible though because this is a (hinged) window within another window. This is quite similar to the drive-thru the Krusty Krab would briefly have in Season 4.
- Squidward says "I will not go back to the Krusty Krab" to his mirror. The mirror then shows Spongebob saying "I will destroy the Krusty Krab". It is possible, bar the comic effect, that this is the Alternative Universe Spongebob also saw in Something Smells, Wet Painters and Chimps Ahoy.
- At the beginning of the episode, Spongebob rings the bell. But when Squidward complains that there is no customers, the bell disappears. But when Spongebob says "One Krabby Patty coming up", the bell reappears. But when the register drawer shoots open and hits Squidward, the bell disappears again.
- When Squidward dives into the tub, his body takes on the form of a real-life octopus, but there's a squid's fin on the top of his head.
- Running Gag: Spongebob asking Squidward if he's finished with those errands yet.
- Spongebob saying Mr. Krabs must let go of the dime is a reference to the novel and later movie Where the Red Fern Grows where a raccoon gets his arm stuck after grabing a piece of tin and all he had to do to escape was let go.
- SpongeBob asked Squidward if he finished his errands, around the number of 20 times.
- When Squidward runs past SpongeBob's pineapple for the last time it looks like cardboard.
- When Squidward finally cracked from running back and forth from the Krusty Krab to his house, while he was reinforcing the door, one of his eyeballs were big, from the right side, bigger than his left. When he ran back to the Krusty Krab because he thought that SpongeBob was in his house spying on him, as soon as he ran to the cash register where SpongeBob was standing, the bigger eyeball was swapped to the left side and the right side was smaller.
- When SpongeBob gave Squidward his pants, a zipping sound was heard. This is not possible, as SpongeBob's pants are slip-on and don't have a zipper.
- When Mr. Krabs gathers up the dimes, one can be seen bouncing away.
- When Squidward barricaded the door, he appeared to weld a metal cover over it. However, he was using a blowtorch, which isn't hot enough to weld and wouldn't even work underwater. He could have been soldering or brazing, but he wasn't adding any solder or brazing rod. The torch was flashing and making noise like an arc welder. Also, his door's metal cover was already riveted.
- When Squidward asks SpongeBob for change from the dollar, he reaches in his pocket. This is impossible, as he does not wear pants.
- When the camera shows the full area of the Krusty Krab on fire, Spongebob is not seen at the cash register.
- When Squidward runs past Mr. Krabs at the hospital, his nose is smaller.
- Mr. Krabs never actually gets his dime back.
- When Squidward imagined SpongeBob burning the Krusty Krab, one of SpongeBob's legs was behind the seat, the other was in front.
- In some of the scenes where Squidward runs towards the Krusty Krab, the five flags on the Krusty Krab have disappeared.
- Squidward has eight tentacles when he dives underwater, but he actually has six tentacles.
- When Squidward is running to the Krusty Krab naked, bubbles are covering his groin area, and the screen cuts away when the last bubble pops. However, Squidward's groin area is always exposed, as he doesn't wear pants, although, he might wear pants which is the same color as his skin so they are not visible.
- Squidward says "Look at yourself. You're losing your bluish glow". In fact, in the bathtub scene, Squidward is a duller blue than he was in the beginning of the episode.
- Squidward's face is the same face that appears after Squidward finishes his concerto in Suction Cup Symphony.
APM music identification
- Surfin Summer Girls - Title card
- Chase Cue 1 - That sounds like me Money dropping.
- Shock (f) - The dime falls into the drain.
- Flight In Panic - "I can think of ten good reasons never to let go of a dime."
- Hawaiian Cocktail - Mr. Krabs puts Squidward in charge while he's in the hospital.
- Hilo Rag - Squidward "promotes" SpongeBob.
- The Drunken Sailor C (backwards) - Squidward's first daydream
- The Rake Hornpipe - Squidward asks SpongeBob for some change.
- Aloha - Squidward relaxes outside by his house.
- On Fire - Squidward fantasizes SpongeBob setting fire to the Krusty Krab
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - SpongeBob and Squidward have facial hair made of fire extinguisher foam.
- Hawaiian Link A - Exterior shot of Squidward's house after SpongeBob says, "Boy, no wonder Mr. Krabs put him in charge."
- Creepy Sting 5 - Squidward blocks his front door
- Dangerous A - Squidward believes he hears SpongeBob laughing outside his house.
- Shock Horror (a) - "A-ha!"
- Twelfth Street Rag (Ukelele 1) - Squidward runs out of his house and into the Krusty Krab.
- Stack of Leis - Squidward asks SpongeBob for his job back.
- Death Trap -"I know where you are Spongebob," Spongebob winks