Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Tea at the Treedome|
|Season 1, Episode 1c|
|Air date||May 1, 1999|
|Written by|| Peter Burns|
Tea at the Treedome is the third episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. It aired on May 1, 1999.
The episode starts out with SpongeBob hunting out jellyfish in Jellyfish Fields. Suddenly, he spots a young girl wrestling with a giant clam. He takes out his field guide book, and identifies her as a 'land squirrel'. SpongeBob thinks that she is in trouble, and goes to wrestle the clam himself. The squirrel manages to escape the clam, but SpongeBob ends up inside of it. The squirrel then rescues SpongeBob, and throws the clam out of the area. SpongeBob introduces himself, and the squirrel says that her name is Sandy Cheeks.
SpongeBob inquires about the helmet she wears, and Sandy tells him that it's her air helmet. SpongeBob does not know what air is, but does not tell her this, instead saying that he loves air. Sandy, surprised that SpongeBob is fond of air, invites him to her 'Treedome' for "Texas tea" and cookies.
SpongeBob quickly runs over to his best friend Patrick Star and tells him everything that happened. Patrick tells him that 'putting on airs' is fancy talk. He then tells SpongeBob if he wants to be fancy, to hold his pinky finger high above him.
When SpongeBob arrives at Sandy's treedome, Sandy is in a purple bikini, since she does not need her air helmet inside. SpongeBob goes inside, and notices that the water level drops. He panics, and tells Sandy that there is no water. She tells him that, yes, it's just air. SpongeBob says that there isn't any problem and tries hard to breathe. He does not realize that sea creatures need water to survive.
Sandy gives him a tour of her treedome, showing him that she has an oak tree, a bird bath, and other things. During this, SpongeBob quickly sneaks over to the bird bath, which is filled with water; he now knows he needs water to breathe properly. The bird angrily kicks him out.
SpongeBob gives Sandy some flowers. Sandy is very pleased and she decides to get a vase for them. It is odd because Sandy asks SpongeBob if he needs anything, and he replies, "'Water would be nice'", and Sandy does not reply to that, but simply goes about getting the vase.
Meanwhile, Patrick, watching from outside the treedome, tells SpongeBob to keep his pinky finger up. Sandy comes back and puts the flowers in a vase, filled with ice cold water, on the picnic table. SpongeBob tries to resist drinking the water. Sandy asks him to tell her about himself, and remarks that being a "sea critter" must be fascinating. However, the oven dings and Sandy goes to get the tea and cookies.
SpongeBob eventually gives in (after a mental battle of assuring himself that he doesn't need the water, and finally screams, "I NEED IT!"), drinks it, and runs for the door, declaring that he is a quitter. Patrick, thinking he is being shy around Sandy, quickly enters the Treedome and tries to convince him to stay. After a moment Patrick realizes that there is no water. The two struggle to get out of the treedome, but are unsuccessful.
When Sandy comes back, she shrieks as she spots both Patrick and SpongeBob dried up on the grass. She helps them by giving them water-filled helmets. In the end, Sandy proposes a toast to new friends, and they drink their tea. SpongeBob and Patrick drink by gulping the tea-filled water in their new helmets, with their pinky fingers pointing up.
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
- Moloka'i Nui A- Kapono Beamer (title card)
- SpongeBob Closing Theme- Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr (opening)
- On Fire- Gregor F. Narholz (Sandy fighting clam)
- Death Trap- Gregor F. Narholz (clam attacks Sandy)
- Charge("Hold on, little squirrel.")
- The Adventure Begins- Jonathan Neal ("You have fought well, giant clam.")
- Wild Panic- Gregor F. Narholz ("Your shell is mine!")
- Return of the Surfin' Headhunters- The Mel-Tones ("Hold on there, little square dude.")
- Moloka'i Nui A- Kapono Beamer (Sandy introduced)
- Heroes Win- Gregor F. Narholz ("Oh, yeah? Watch this!")
- Twelfth Street Rag[original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (Sandy invites SpongeBob over)
- Cocktail Lounge- Dick Stephen Walter ("That's just fancy talk.")
- Armed Attack 1- Mladen Franko (SpongeBob banging on Sandy's door)
- Merlin's Hill- Jennifer Jones (harp music)
- Aloha- Dick Stephen Walter ("Course there's no water.")
- Hawaiian Cocktail- Richard Myhill (Sandy giving SpongeBob a tour)
- Hippo's in my Bath- Richard Myhill ("Pinky, pinky!")
- Dead March 2- Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten ("I brought you some flowers.")
- Encirclement- Jean Clero ("I gotta get out of here!")
- Merlin's Hill- Jennifer Jones ("I like you, SpongeBob.")
- Encirclement- Jean Clero (SpongeBob struggling to open door)
- Cocktail Lounge- Dick Stephen Walter ("When in doubt, pinky out.")
- Tribute to the King- Gregor F. Narholz ("I don't need water! Water's for quitters!")
- Action Cut A- Gregor F. Narholz ("I don't need it... I don't need it...")
- Kung Fu Saturdays- The Mel-Tones ("I NEED IT!")
- Dramatic Cue (h)- Ronald Hanmer (SpongeBob and Patrick dried up)
- You're Nice [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (ending)
This episode was released on the following DVDs:
- This episode is number 17 on Tom Kenny's Top 20 on iTunes.
- TV.com gave this episode a 8.6 of 417 reviews.
- IMDB gave this episode a 7 out of 10.
- In this episode, the water helmets have two openings. However, in the episodes receding this one, there is only one.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are shown to dry up without water. However, in Pressure, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and once again in Survival of the Idiots, they manage without it. (In the first two examples they actually go above water). This is supposedly because of moisture in the air, with snow inSurvival of the Idiots and mist and the sea spray on the island and the beach.
- The original of the episode airing had the 1995 variation of the 1986 Paramount logo placed right after this episode ended, it was then removed and replaced with the 1999 variation when it officially aired. Finally, it was removed and completely replaced with the 2003 variation of the 2002 Paramount logo.
- This episode is the first episode where Squidward doesn't appear, second for Mr. Krabs.
- This episode aired in Germany on August 23, 2002.
- When SpongeBob is demonstrating his karate skills, his eyelids turn black.
- When SpongeBob is pulling up the clam's shell to save Sandy, he appears to be standing on thin air.
- When Sandy and SpongeBob meet, Sandy's tail is missing, however, Sandy's tail is missing throughout the first season when she is in her water protection suit.