Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks (antagonist)
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs (cameo)
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Flatts the Flounder (cameo)
- Pearl Krabs (cameo)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy are making sandcastles at Goo Lagoon. Sandy makes one in the shape of Texas, which is soon destroyed by the tide. She walks off sadly, while SpongeBob tries to cheer her up and offers to play with her, but Sandy explains that she's just feeling a little homesick. SpongeBob and Patrick then blindfold her and take her to her treedome, which only adds to Sandy's depression. She begins crying, and runs off.
Both SpongeBob and Patrick are confused, until they hear Sandy singing a song from on top of her treedome about how she misses Texas by singing. They decide to cheer up Sandy by throwing a Texas-themed party for her at the Krusty Krab. They go to Sandy's house to ask her out to lunch, but she tells them that she is leaving Bikini Bottom to go back to Texas. SpongeBob is shocked by this, and tries to convince her to go to the Krusty Krab, but fails. Sandy gets into a bus out of Bikini Bottom and leaves.
Suddenly, the bus comes back and Sandy returns, offended by Patrick's remark. Patrick then asks if he can say that people from Texas are dumb, which angers her even further. This gives SpongeBob an idea to lure Sandy to the Krusty Krab. He and Patrick continue insulting Texas, and Sandy begins chasing them. They intend to lead Sandy to her surprise party at the Krusty Krab. Patrick continuously insults Texas, thinking Sandy is too slow to catch up to them, only to soon realize that she is catching up to them.
Sandy lassoes Patrick and pulls him to her, and a nuclear explosion is shown in the background as he disappears. SpongeBob, still hoping to reach the Krusty Krab, begins screaming as he runs as fast as he can. Sandy's lasso reaches SpongeBob the instant he reaches the door of the Krusty Krab, and she attempts to pull him to her as he holds the door with one hand. Eventually, this causes the front of the building to be torn off, revealing the party inside. Sandy realizes how much her underwater friends care about her, and that Bikini Bottom has become her true home, and decides to stay. The crowd cheers at this, and Patrick says "Yeah, who needs dumb old Texas?" Sandy gets angry once again, and Patrick asks "Should I start running now?" as the episode ends.
- Hawaiian Link A - After SpongeBob says, "Homesick, huh?"; "What did you just say?" / "Should I start running now?"
- Vibe Link (b) - "That's it! Patrick, your genius is showing."
- Blue Dobro (a) - "What did you say?" / "Texas is dumb?"
- Hawaiian Link B - "Don't cry anymore, Sandy. I'll go get your bags."
- SpongeBob's misinterpretations of things Sandy misses from Texas include Flatts the Flounder holding a cube (for "Square Dancing"), "Peas-in-a-can pies", large water containers being worn over the head (as "10-gallon hats"), and Barbed Q's. Pecan pie would be mistaken as "peas-in-a-can pie", and barbecues would be mistaken as barbed Q's.
- Jellyfish Fields is shown to be located right next to Goo Lagoon.
- This is the second time someone mentions eating jellyfish
- Right before sandy said "I'm warning you spongebob." Her pupels were rectangles like squidward.
- When Sandy decides to stay in Bikini Bottom and everyone gathers around sandy, everyone is excited and cheering (except for Squidward, who does not cheer at all but only towards the end of the cheering says "Woopty doo").
- Despite SpongeBob's weak muscular system that is exposed in several episodes, SpongeBob is able to tear off the entire front half of the Krusty Krab with only his finger and is able to throw a shark fish up and over his head from behind.
- The Texas song is based on Hank Williams, Sr.'s number one hit, "Long Gone Lonesome Blues".
- Patrick says "Gitta dog, lil' longies!", a reference to the song, "Whoopee-Ti-Yi-Yo, Git Along, Little Doggies!"
- The name of this episode is name after the state of Texas.
- This is the first episode to show a map of Texas, the second episode is/will be Rodeo Daze.
- SpongeBob says "The stars at night are dull and dim, when they have to be over dumb old stupid Texas!", a reference to the song "Deep in the Heart of Texas".
- This is the second appearance of Flatts the Flounder, who first appeared in "Sandy's Rocket" and made his third, and last, appearance in "The Bully".
- This is the first time SpongeBob and Patrick are trying to prevent Sandy from leaving Bikini Bottom. the second will be Chimps Ahoy.
- This episode (with Chimps Ahoy) are also the only episodes where SpongeBob and Patrick cry after a song by Sandy.
- This is the first appearance Sandy is found playing a guitar. She made five appearances doing so, her second, in "Band Geeks" (playing an electric Flying V guitar), her third in "Chimps Ahoy", and her fourth in "Atlantis SquarePantis". Her fifth was in "Rodeo Daze", where she uses SpongeBob and Patrick for guitars.
- When SpongeBob is thinking about how to ban Sandy from going back to Texas the later card is a piece of paper instead of some bubbles.
- "Maybe it's a squirrel thing" is a reference to the phrase "It's a girl thing".
- After Patrick tells Sandy that he said "Texas is dumb.", Sandy said "Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain!": this is a reference to the 3rd Commandment of the 10 Commandments: Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Title card is Texas flag.
- This episode is acted out in the Gone series book, Fear.
- When everyone gathered around Sandy, Pearl was shown upside-down, then her hair would have hung upside-down.
- When SpongeBob frees a jellyfish just before Sandy starts crying, he tells it, "There's no place like home." This is a quote from the 1939 film, The Wizard of Oz.
- This is the first episode when none of either Spongebob's pineapple, Squidward's house, Patrick's rock appears within the episode (Spongebob and Patricks house's appear but only in sand castle form.)
- When Patrick never stop saying things about Texas when he turns around and look when Sandy catches up, he screamed and had X marks in his eyes. Also that would happen in the other episode Prehibernation Week when Spongebob screamed and had X marks plus skulls in his eyes when Sandy found him.
- When Patrick got captured by Sandy and said, "AHHHH! SpongeBob!" His mouth didn't sync with the dialogue.
- When SpongeBob was almost there to the Krusty Krab, his pants had a darker color.
- During the song for a fraction of a second Sandy's neck was the same color as her cheeks.
- At the end of the opening credits, when SpongeBob appears in the background, they didn't sing “SpongeBob SquarePants”.
- When Sandy was holding a rope and chasing after Spongebob and Patrick, she was panting but her mouth did not move.
- When everyone at the Krusty Krab were all saying "Howdy, y'all" Squidward was happy, but when everyone started gathering around Sandy, he was not happy.
- Mrs. Puff was the only one who did not gather around Sandy.
- When Sandy is singing her song, it seems the music notes are going towards her instead of away from her.
- Instead of the nut patch on Sandy's suit, it is just yellow with 3 black dots.