|The Curse of Bikini Bottom|
|Season 7, Episode 133a|
|Air date||October 24, 2009|
|Written by|| Luke Brookshier|
Squidward in Clarinetland
Time cards present:
Several Months Later
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- The Flying Dutchman
- Bikini Bottomies
SpongeBob and Patrick are lying around, bored. So they sneak into Squidward's shed, and find his lawn mower. But then they notice Squidward coming in, so they hide on the tool wall. Of course Squidward sees them, and SpongeBob explains to Squidward that they want to play with "that thingy" over there. Squidward says it's his lawn mower, and then he's about to yell, but he comes up with the thought that the two would get shaved in and get killed. So Squidward pulls the cord, and SpongeBob and Patrick ride it. But eventually the two get out of control, and they end up in the cemetery. They don't care about this.
The Flying Dutchman is trying to pick out a shirt for his date, and finally finds one. But then, the two run over the grave, and dirt gets all over the Dutchman's shirt. He comes up, only to get his beard shaved off by the mower. The Dutchman gets mad, so he stops SpongeBob and Patrick and starts yelling at them. Then SpongeBob explains they don't know what it's like to be a ghost. So Dutchy turns them into ghosts.
The two fly over to Squidward's, and they try to scare Squidward, but they only get sprayed by his hose. So the bubble fade comes to night, and SpongeBob picks up his key, but it falls through him. He leans on the door, but he falls through. So SpongeBob goes through the walls and doors to get to his bedroom. When he lays down, he falls through many walls, and eventually ends up underground.
The next morning, it reveals that both didn't get enough sleep, as Patrick could see through his eyelids. So SpongeBob goes to the Krusty Krab for work, and goes to the kitchen. He picks up his spatula, but like his house key, it falls through. SpongeBob then breaks it, and its ghost comes out. But when he flips patties, they fall through his spatula. He tries this over and over, but no patty is made. He goes through the door, crying. Patrick has problems, too. He explains that the food goes right through him, and Mr. Krabs and Squidward get grossed out. Then, the customers notice the two, and they run off screaming thinking they were mermaids. So SpongeBob and Patrick become upset, so they go to the cemetery to visit the Dutchman.
When they get there, they plead the Dutchman to turn them back to normal, so he does, but does not succeed. The Dutchman says the curse will not wear off until his beard grows back for his date, so SpongeBob and Patrick decide to give him a "makeover". At the end, SpongeBob replaces Dutchy's beard, and the "Several Months Later" card comes. The two are eventually normal, lying around, bored again, but then the Dutchman comes and tells them the date wants to marry him. Then popping out of the horizon of the background, is a giant, grotesque, hideous monster, which is apparently the Dutchman's date and causes the Dutchman to scream and run away.
- This is the first holiday special that aired since Christmas Who?.
- This is the second Halloween episode. The first was Scaredy Pants.
- However, unlike Scaredy Pants, the plot of this episode did not revolve around Halloween.
- There are many goofs that show ghosts being hit. When a person is a ghost, stuff goes through them. This is supported by:
- A lawn mower shaved the Flying Dutchman's beard off even though he is a ghost, it would just go through him.
- When Squidward sprays ghost SpongeBob and Patrick, the water hits them like it would do if they weren't ghosts.
- When the Flying Dutchman comes out of the ground, he has dirt on him. The dirt would immediately go through him.
- Patrick holds a Krabby Patty in his hand. Immediately after, when he eats the Krabby Patty, it goes straight through his body.
- Customers are eating Krabby Patties, but SpongeBob didn't even make any. Mr. Krabs possibly made them.
- The title card is the same as Gone, only with different sand ground.
- SpongeBob breaks his spatula, and its "ghost" comes out. Objects like a spatula don't have spirits, but it does seem alive, as seen in All That Glitters.
- Despite being a holiday themed episode, this episode airs regularly.
- The title music of "Chimps Ahoy" is heard again when SpongeBob and Patrick are giving the Flying Dutchman a 'makeover'.
- It is revealed that Squidward has a tool shed, a lawn mower, and a backyard.
- On January 29, 2011, this episode aired after Trenchbillies.
- This was the first episode to premiere after Nickelodeon's 2009 logo change.
- When the Flying Dutchman says "At least I still have my personality", it mirrors a scene in Prehibernation Week where a fish says the same quote after having his face burnt to a crisp.
- When Squidward was in his shed with SpongeBob and Patrick he has yellow teeths in one scene.
- The Flying Dutchman said that it takes a thousand years to grow his beard back, but 7 months later, he is shown to fully grown it back.