|The Googly Artiste|
|Season 8, Episode 158b|
|Air date||July 21, 2011|
|Written by|| Luke Brookshier|
Sweet and Sour Squid
A SquarePants Family Vacation
- Mr. Krabs
- Nat Peterson
- Fredrick T. Nitpick
- Paco (cameo)
- Theddeus (cameo)
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
After Sentimental Sponge
It starts at Squidward's house and Squidward is painting. Then Patrick and SpongeBob made art and Patrick made googly eyes on rocks. Then an art critic came and judged Squidward's work and said it was lame. Then he judged Patrick's art and he said it was so wonderful. Then Patrick's artwork became so famous that he ran out of rocks. Then he tried to find something else to make google eyes with, but that didn't work out. Then it was his lunch time and he ordered Art advice and Squidward said it wasn't on the menu until Mr. Krabs appeared and put it on the menu. Mr. Krabs told Squidward to give Patrick art advice, but he didn't, of course. He just told him to look at the patty. Then he discovered that he can put google eyes on the patty and his google eyes on the Krabby Patty got real famous when the art critic mention the next big thing. Everyone was rushing to the Krusty Krab to get one. Then, Mr. Krabs heard money. He rushed to the cash register and found none. He gets SpongeBob and Patrick and holds them to his office. Squidward sneers at them for getting into trouble, but Patrick said that he followed Squidward's advice. So Mr. Krabs put good use to Squidward. Now, Krabby Patties are now sold at $50. The fish who buys the patty said it was not expensive. Then, the fish went to Patrick's stall. Patrick calls his apprentice, which is really Squidward. Squidward puts glue on the fish's patty. Patrick said that Squidward would be an artist. Squidward bursts to tears.
- The title card has eyes to present the two Os for google eyes.
- The painting that Patrick creates is Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh, and the statue is The Thinker by Auguste Rodin.
- The rock that SpongeBob makes resembles Pete the pet rock from Sentimental Sponge.
- This episode has the same title card music as Big Sister Sam.
- At the beginning of this episode, Squidward commented that he loves to hear himself talk, which clarifies the reason for always talking to himself.
- This is the 4th time Squidward is seen in his artist uniform. The 1st was in Artist Unknown, the 2nd was in Whale of a Birthday, the 3rd was in The Masterpiece.
- This is the second time google eyes appear. The first is in the movie.
- This is the 2nd time Mr. Krabs fusses at Spongebob & Patrick. The 1st was in Sailor Mouth.
- The googly rock may be a parody of the Pet Rock, which was just a rock sold at a high price with the gimmick of being a pet. Likewise, in the episode, people shell out vast sums of money for rocks just because they have googly eyes glued onto them.
- This is the 6th time glue was mentioned, the 1st was Pranks a Lot, The 2nd was the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, the 3rd wasPicture day, the 4th was Stuck in the Wringer, and the 5th was Enchanted Tiki Dreams.
- The statue Squidward did is similar to the famous statue Venus de Milo, Also in Latin Spanish version, Squidward calls the statue "Venus de Calamardo" which means "Venus de Squidward" in Spanish.
- Extreme Spots aired exactly a year later than this episode.
- This could possibly be a reference to Google the Search Engine.
- When Patrick looks at the Krusty Krab menu, Krabby Patty is spelled Krabby Pattie