|The Other Patty|
|Season 8, Episode 153b|
|Air date||June 25, 2011|
|Written by|| Luke Brookshier|
Accidents Will Happen
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- SpongeBob SquarePants (main antagonist)
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob is taking out the trash. Then Plankton is seen trying to, once again, steal the formula. This time Mr. Krabs lets him have it, then the patty explodes as part of a new Krusty Krab security measure that can backfire on customers who swallow patties whole. SpongeBob is upset that Mr. Krabs and Plankton can't cooperate with each other, and Mr. Krabs claims they like being enemies. The episode comes to a test when a new eatery called the Flabby Patty is created.
Things take an unexpected turn for the when it turns out the Flabby Patty is better than the Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs and Plankton compete to see who could get the secret recipe, but SpongeBob explains it's best if they cooperate. They disguise themselves as an employee applying for a job. The employer hires them, and their first assignment is to memorize the secret recipe.
They are excited until the recipe is revealed to be about friendship. SpongeBob is revealed to be the employer, and he said he created the restaurant to teach them about cooperation. Mr. Krabs and Plankton are angry, and the episode ends when they chase SpongeBob with their newly-formed "Co-operation".
- This is the second episode where Plankton & Mr. Krabs unite due to a new restaurant having many customers. The first was Best Frenemies.
- This is the fourth time Mr. Krabs and Plankton are friends. The first was in "New Leaf". The second was in "Best Frenemies". The third was in "Friend or Foe"
- When the customers disappeared while ordering at the boat,they left their money there, but Mr.Krabs did not pay attention to this.
- Plankton's voice sounds slightly higher in this episode when he says " We should do this more often, Krabs".
- This episode might question "Will Plankton & Mr. Krabs be friends again?"
- This episode's title card is similar to The Original Fry Cook.
- SpongeBob references Friend or Foe when he says that Mr. Krabs and Plankton were once Best 'Palsie-Walsies'.
- The picture of SpongeBob and Plankton in the background there's Tom who seems slightly fatter.
- If the cook in the picture was SpongeBob, who was the SpongeBob that Mr. Krabs was working with?
- This is the second time a customer blows up. The first was in "Stanley S. Squarepants".
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs tries to steal other formulas. The first was in "Spy Buddies". The second was in "Plankton's Regular".
- This is the second time Plankton tries to lift Mr. Krabs. The first was in "New Leaf".
- This episode shows the devious side of SpongeBob, lying without a single thought and feeling, while all along being behind the plot the entire time.
- This was one of the few episodes where Mr. Krabs and Plankton team up considering they are enemies.
- This is the second time SpongeBob makes a different version of a Krabby Patty by himself. The first was Pretty Patties from the episode Patty Hype.
- This is also the first time that SpongeBob is the antagonist of an episode in Season 8.