Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
Time cards present:
- "Much Later",
- "Much, Much Later"
January 10, January 7
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Gary the Snail
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patty Rechid
This episode starts with the narrator talking about a tragedy, and showing an over-water hurricane, and then showing footage of the 1940 collapse of Tacoma Narrows Bridge (Galloping Gertie), with a guy running from the bridge before its collapse. After that, it goes to a rainy day at SpongeBob's pineapple. He is inside with the calender on January 10, and then flips it back to January 7. SpongeBob is then doing chores, including laundry, with his pants and Gary's shell. Then Patrick calls SpongeBob, showing that he can say "Loolooloolooloo" for a very long time. Meanwhile, Gary gets his shell out of the laundry. By the time SpongeBob gets to the laundry machine, his pants had shrunk. He goes to the store to buy new ones, but Patty Rechid says there won't be any SquarePants for months. He then looks through the pants, and finds the pants he usually wears, except they're round, not square. He bumps into Patrick, but Patrick doesn't recognize SpongeBob. He bumps into Sandy, who pretends that she doesn't know SpongeBob. Then, SpongeBob passes Squidward's house, and Squidward pretends not to recognize SpongeBob. Being gullible, SpongeBob really thinks that Sandy and Squidward don't know SpongeBob, so he starts himself over, naming himself SpongeBob RoundPants. SpongeBob gets his job at the Krusty Krab again, and Squidward gives SpongeBob his bad routine of being a Krusty Krab employee. Mr. Krabs realizes what's going on, and he doesn't joke around when he sees SpongeBob. SpongeBob then tells Mr. Krabs that he can't be SpongeBob SquarePants again, as he has round pants. Then, SpongeBob takes off his pants, but Sandy calls SpongeBob "SpongeBob Underpants" and the episode ends with Spongebob's scream with embarassment.
- This episode aired exactly 10 years after the first official spongebob squarepants episode.
- The title is a parody of the famous Shakespeare quote "To Be or Not to Be?".
- This episode was inspired by the Twilight Zone episodes.
- This episode aired on July 17, three days after SpongeBob's 23rd birthday.
- It was revealed Patrick has a drawing of SpongeBob on his hand that says "SquarePants" that reminds him who's SpongeBob.
- This was the third time that SpongeBob had no pants in public. The first was Ripped Pants, and the second was Best Day Ever.
- The women at the mall said it will take months to get new square pants, however 3 days later (at the beginning of the episode's narration) he had square pants again.
- Squidward is seen reading the House Fancy magazine.
- When Squidward is asked what a Felony is, he tells him its 'Being too darn happy all the time,' but its actually a serious crime. This may have been because Squidward, unlike the other characters, knew that Spongebob was actually himself, ignoring the round pants, and did not want him to work with him again.
- Mr. Krabs also knew that SpongeBob wasn't a stranger.
- Gary has buttocks under his shell in this episode and in Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle, but in Shell Shocked he only has organs and a slug body.
- Patrick can make an awkward "LOOLOOLOOLOO" for a long time.
- On the "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" DVD-credits, this title-card only says: "To SquarePants or not to".
- The Much, Much, Later time card is the same as "The Algae's Always Greener".
- This is the 2nd time that SpongeBob is referred to as "SpongeBob FancyPants". The 1st time was in "Tea at the Treedome".
- It is unknown why SpongeBob didn't get mad at Gary for making his clothes shrink.
- The man walking across the bridge is considered probably a blooper because men can't live underwater.
- Since this episode aired three days after SpongeBob's birthday, and the narrator says the episode was three days earlier, then this episode took place on SpongeBob's birthday.
- When SpongeBob said, "I've gotta start all over again!", he just filled out an application and got the job. In "Help Wanted". However, he didn't ask for an application. He had to complete a challenge first.
- At the start of the episode, SpongeBob was wearing his normal pants even though the cashier of the clothes store said he was not getting a shipment for months. It is a possible conclusion that the French Narratormade a miscalculation when he said it was a few days ago. Reply: SpongeBob could have made his pants grow with the Kelp Grow from "Giant Squidward".
- SpongeBob only goes into the fitting rooms for the pants he wants.
- This episode was aired as a part of SpongeBob's Biggest Blunders.
- When SpongeBob takes out the first pair of pants when he was in the store but a little bit at the when Mr. Krabs walks out is office look at the guy in front of the order line or something look at the pants its the same as the one SpongeBob took out in the store.
- When this episodes premieres on July 17, 2009 the calendar says that it happened on January 7. This must mean that this episode took place in January 7, 2009 instead of July.
- It is unknown why Patrick thought SpongeBob was a stranger throughout the episode, possibly due to his low level of intelligence that is considered why. Sandy also didn't know who SpongeBob was meaning she was possibly teasing him as she kept calling him a different last name (i.e. SpongeBob UnderPants). Squidward doesn't like SpongeBob so that is why he lied.
- When SpongeBob was saying what goes on a squirrel's head is similar to Squirrel Jokes.
- When SpongeBob talked about what goes on inside a squirrel's head, an image of a chattering squirrel is shown and Spongebob cringes afterwards. This scene has become a fad on Youtube, with random scenes replacing the squirrel image.
- This is similar to the episode "Gullible Pants", only Spongebob was doing what he was told. In this one, he copied every single action Squidward did.
- The jeans that SpongeBob took out from the sale had holes in them, indicating it was already used.
- Another pants had a dove/peace symbol.
- Even though this episode is counted as a special, it is 11 minutes long.
- In Southeast Asia, this title-card only says: "To SquarePants or Not to" because it is too long.
- In this episode, the French Narrator says "SpongeBob SquarePants CHANGED his pants!" like it was a surprise, but SpongeBob has changed his pants a lot of times when he woke up. He is even shown in this episode pulling multiple pairs of pants out of his washer.
- The title card music is the same as Help Wanted, Boating School, That's No Lady, and Pat No Pay.
- This is the first time SpongeBob changed another type of pants.
- SpongeBob found some round pants and the design are also the same from his square pants. Later his personality changed and now he's acting like Squidward!
- SpongeBob screams after Sandy called him SpongeBob UnderPants. In the streets, she called him SpongeBob FancyPants.
- SpongeBob is now called SpongeBob RoundPants and shown his pants to Mr. Krabs.
- Patrick is inside SpongeBob's house but he doesn't like SpongeBob wearing round pants. He only likes SpongeBob wearing his square pants.
- While SpongeBob acts like Squidward, he sleeps in the toilets with Squidward, roughly serve food to customers, throw and bash garbage bags, won't take the customers' orders and cooking Krabby Patties to the charcoal and tiny level. Eventually, the customers became furious.
- This is the second time the storm came back. The first was in Pineapple Fever.
- The cutscenes are from 1926 before coming to Bikini Bottom. A lady screamed when she saw a monster about to kill her.
- SpongeBob feels frustrated while hearing to Patrick's "LOOLOOLOOLOOLOOLOO" on his phone.
- Gary took his shell first before SpongeBob's pants.
- This is the first time SpongeBob's pants shrunk. He enlarged them on Giant Squidward.
- In Greece that episode transleted Squarepants or Not
APM music identification
- Hawaiian Train - Title card
- Hawaiian Flower - "Ah, another quiet day in Bikini Bottom."
- Marching to Honolulu - SpongeBob takes off his pants.
- Dramatic Impact 3 - "They've ... SHRUNK!"
- Hawaiian Cocktail - "I wish I could see him one last time."
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - "Hello, sir, I'd like an application, please."
- The Drunken Sailor (b) - Mr. Krabs catches SpongeBob and Squidward sleeping on the job.
- Unknown Tracks 2 - SpongeBob screams.